Following digital payments, digital India, cashless transactions and E payments, the Chennai city traffic police have come up with a new cashless mode of payment for cases of traffic violations. People, who commit traffic offenses in Chennai city, can collect the issued E Challan, and transfer the penalty amount via different modes of payment like Paytm, SBI, via the QR code on the challan, or through Debit and Credit cards.
This can be done in the E Seva centers of Chennai Corporation or post offices/ courts. It has been revealed that this is an initiative of the government to prevent cops from getting bribes. While the city people have often reported incidents of cops resorting to collecting a minimum of 1000 Rs even without heavy offenses, this move has been welcomed by the public.
300 swiping machines will be placed in the city to
enable credit card users to make payment for fines. There are also plans to
implement a system in future, where cops won't be stopping offenders, but will
send challans to homes of offenders with the help of the registration number
captured using CCTV Footage.
Who is Country's Highest Earning MLA? According to the latest report of the Association for Democratic Reforms (ADR) and the National Election Watch, YS Jagan from Andhra Pradesh is India's fifth most earning MLA. Jagan's annual earnings are pegged at Rs 13.92 Crore. Reports added including the earning of his wife YS Bharati and the income of other family members, his total income stood at Rs 18.13 Crore per year.
- North & South Korean Leaders Meet at Pyongyang
- Guys involved in Controversial WhatsApp chat to kill Defense Minister held
- Centre's decision to ban 328 FDC drugs brought 6,000 medicines on radar
- Migrants figures shown a negative growth of 11.6% from Kerala
- Uber's Food delivery launched Insurance Program in partnership with Tata AIG
- Investigation about Sewing Needle hidden in Strawberries
- Karnataka Govt reduced state taxes on petrol & diesel
- Is YS Jagan caught in a trap?
- Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh testifies hearing before Senate Judiciary Committee
- Major Fire Accident at Kanya Cinema Theater, Visakhapatnam
- T Rajendar coming to Thiruvarur?
- Auto driver attacked for questioning BJP leader on Petrol price hike!
- Yet again Petrol Price goes up...
- Case against Thirumurugan Gandhi dismissed!
- H Raja's words will help fascism!