Following digital payments, digital India, cashless transactions and E payments, the Chennai city traffic police have come up with a new cashless mode of payment for cases of traffic violations. People, who commit traffic offenses in Chennai city, can collect the issued E Challan, and transfer the penalty amount via different modes of payment like Paytm, SBI, via the QR code on the challan, or through Debit and Credit cards.
This can be done in the E Seva centers of Chennai Corporation or post offices/ courts. It has been revealed that this is an initiative of the government to prevent cops from getting bribes. While the city people have often reported incidents of cops resorting to collecting a minimum of 1000 Rs even without heavy offenses, this move has been welcomed by the public.
300 swiping machines will be placed in the city to
enable credit card users to make payment for fines. There are also plans to
implement a system in future, where cops won't be stopping offenders, but will
send challans to homes of offenders with the help of the registration number
captured using CCTV Footage.
TTD gets Rs.1 Crore Donation Hyderabad sources made a statement that Hyderabad based businessman B Karunakar Reddy has donated Rs 1 crore to Lord Venkateswara in Tirumala on Wednesday. Accordingly an ardent devotee of Lord Venkateswara, Karunakar Reddy along with his family visited Tirumala temple, offered their prayers to the Lord and later handed over a cheque of Rs 1,00,00,116.
- What happened to the case lodged by Sterlite?
- Plastic Surgeon caught red-handed as Patient dies from Butt englargement injection
- Indian Cricket Team's Bus Driver reveals about Dhoni, Raina, Kohli
- Rahul & Sonia maintains good relation with UPA parties & to defeat Modi in 2019
- Croatia motivated Many Smaller Nations in FIFA World Cup, Will India be Motivated?
- Why President of Iran warned US against pursuing conflict with his country?
- Many shot dead before Toronto Restaurant at Canada
- Germany, world's largest car makers are affected hard by US import tariffs
- Piyush Goyal said he did not understand "foreign English accent" of Shashi Tharoor
- Mamata Banerjee escalating attack against Modi regime
- Engineering aspirants getting ready for Online Engineering Counseling from July 25- August 20
- GST Prices dropped to 18% from 28%
- Subramanian Swamy wants Modi to undergo health check-up!
- Chennai School demands 2 Lakhs caution deposit from Parents - Parents Protest!
- Building collapses in Chennai as many feared dead!