Following digital payments, digital India, cashless transactions and E payments, the Chennai city traffic police have come up with a new cashless mode of payment for cases of traffic violations. People, who commit traffic offenses in Chennai city, can collect the issued E Challan, and transfer the penalty amount via different modes of payment like Paytm, SBI, via the QR code on the challan, or through Debit and Credit cards.
This can be done in the E Seva centers of Chennai Corporation or post offices/ courts. It has been revealed that this is an initiative of the government to prevent cops from getting bribes. While the city people have often reported incidents of cops resorting to collecting a minimum of 1000 Rs even without heavy offenses, this move has been welcomed by the public.
300 swiping machines will be placed in the city to
enable credit card users to make payment for fines. There are also plans to
implement a system in future, where cops won't be stopping offenders, but will
send challans to homes of offenders with the help of the registration number
captured using CCTV Footage.
Hyderabadi Business magnet donates 1 Crore to TTD Hyderabad sources made a statement that Hyderabad based businessman B Karunakar Reddy has donated Rs 1 crore to Lord Venkateswara in Tirumala on Wednesday. Accordingly an ardent devotee of Lord Venkateswara, Karunakar Reddy along with his family visited Tirumala temple, offered their prayers to the Lord and later handed over a cheque of Rs 1,00,00,116.
- Can Chandrababu Naidu could bring Special Category Status to AP through his National Charisma?
- North Korea carried out demolition of its nuclear test site
- Rahul Gandhi dares PM for a fuel challenge
- Blue Methane flames burning in Hawaii Volcano
- Will Tuticorin return back to normalcy by new Collector?
- VIDEO emerged showing inhuman reaction of police in Tuticorin
- BJP has not given up its hopes on Karnataka yet
- CM Palanisamy's said anti social elements took protesters to wrong path
- Is there any master plan behind death of celebrities son?
- Deadly Nipah Virus taken its toll with one more person
- Bollywood pair Ranveer Singh & Deepika Padukone wedding date finalized
- State wide Bandh in Tamilnadu on May 25 in Sterlite issue
- DMK Chief Stalin evicted from Secretariat premises
- Will HD Kumaraswamy bring Karnataka as a model for India?
- Did TDP party planned to attack Pawan Kalyan?