Chennai sources stated that the Greater Chennai Corporation (GCC) organized a meeting with Commercial Public Companies and NGO’s (CSR) regarding the rehabilitation of the ponds and lakes in the city. Meanwhile the Greater Chennai Corporation has estimated that the city has 206 ponds and lakes, of which 32 of them will be rehabilitated with an allocation of Rs 5.85 crore from smart city fund in its first phase.
Accordingly S.P. Velusamy, minister of municipal administration and rural development inaugurated the rehabilitation of Villivaakam lake project work that costs Rs 16 crore and instructed to arrange a meeting to renovate the lakes and ponds all over the city. Moreover in addition, with various funds, Rs 5.95 crore will be spent to restore six lakes and ponds.
in a meeting headed by commissioner D. Karthikeyan, GCC declared an allocation
of Rs 25.29 crore to Chennai River Restoration Trust (CRRT) for renovation of
Kadapakam Lake and Nesavalar Nagar Lake, while Rs 40.07 crore has been
allocated for renovating 48 ponds and lakes in Kosasthalaiyaar’s basin. Moreover
more than 20 commercial public companies and NGO’s (CSR) assured to support the
restoration of 104 ponds and lakes in the city after receiving the project
Hyderabadi Business magnet donates 1 Crore to TTD Hyderabad sources made a statement that Hyderabad based businessman B Karunakar Reddy has donated Rs 1 crore to Lord Venkateswara in Tirumala on Wednesday. Accordingly an ardent devotee of Lord Venkateswara, Karunakar Reddy along with his family visited Tirumala temple, offered their prayers to the Lord and later handed over a cheque of Rs 1,00,00,116.
- Can Chandrababu Naidu could bring Special Category Status to AP through his National Charisma?
- North Korea carried out demolition of its nuclear test site
- Rahul Gandhi dares PM for a fuel challenge
- Blue Methane flames burning in Hawaii Volcano
- Will Tuticorin return back to normalcy by new Collector?
- VIDEO emerged showing inhuman reaction of police in Tuticorin
- BJP has not given up its hopes on Karnataka yet
- CM Palanisamy's said anti social elements took protesters to wrong path
- Is there any master plan behind death of celebrities son?
- Deadly Nipah Virus taken its toll with one more person
- Bollywood pair Ranveer Singh & Deepika Padukone wedding date finalized
- State wide Bandh in Tamilnadu on May 25 in Sterlite issue
- DMK Chief Stalin evicted from Secretariat premises
- Will HD Kumaraswamy bring Karnataka as a model for India?
- Did TDP party planned to attack Pawan Kalyan?