Chennai sources stated that the Greater Chennai Corporation (GCC) organized a meeting with Commercial Public Companies and NGO’s (CSR) regarding the rehabilitation of the ponds and lakes in the city. Meanwhile the Greater Chennai Corporation has estimated that the city has 206 ponds and lakes, of which 32 of them will be rehabilitated with an allocation of Rs 5.85 crore from smart city fund in its first phase.
Accordingly S.P. Velusamy, minister of municipal administration and rural development inaugurated the rehabilitation of Villivaakam lake project work that costs Rs 16 crore and instructed to arrange a meeting to renovate the lakes and ponds all over the city. Moreover in addition, with various funds, Rs 5.95 crore will be spent to restore six lakes and ponds.
in a meeting headed by commissioner D. Karthikeyan, GCC declared an allocation
of Rs 25.29 crore to Chennai River Restoration Trust (CRRT) for renovation of
Kadapakam Lake and Nesavalar Nagar Lake, while Rs 40.07 crore has been
allocated for renovating 48 ponds and lakes in Kosasthalaiyaar’s basin. Moreover
more than 20 commercial public companies and NGO’s (CSR) assured to support the
restoration of 104 ponds and lakes in the city after receiving the project
Putin got his view & expressed his view: FBI Chief Washington sources reported that FBI director Christopher Wray said Wednesday that the US intelligence community stands by its view that Russia interfered in the 2016 US election, despite Vladimir Putin's denial this week to President Donald Trump. Wray said when asked about Putin's denial to Trump at their summit in Helsinki "He has got his view, he has expressed his view”.
- Apple crossed $900 billion market capitalization mark last year: CEO Tim Cook
- Illiterate Prisoners becomes Literate in Telangana
- Chief Minister trolls Stalin!
- Chennai high court Chief justice assures severe punishment!
- Speaker accepts No Confidence motion!
- 85% land measured- CM reveals
- TTD in AP reconsidering decision to shut their doors to devotees for 6 days in August
- AP CM Chandrababu always a Hot Cake for National Political Parties
- SHE Team identifies 15 Criminal Cases in 15 Days
- No-Trust motion be debated in Lok Sabha on Friday
- Will AIADMK support TDP in No-Trust Vote?
- Women should be allowed to offer prayers in Sabarimala temple: SC
- Rohit s superlative one day form that earned him a Test call soon
- Sri Lanka temporarily shuts down Facebook after hate speech resulting in mob violence
- What is Non-Confidence Motion? How does it Work?