Recently as per report Income Tax department has charge sheeted former Union Minister P Chidambaram’s son Karti Chidambaram, his daughter in law Srinidhi and wife Nalini under the Black Money Act. Accordingly the charge sheets have been filed under Section 50 of the Black Money (Undisclosed Foreign Income and Assets) and Imposition of Tax Act, 2015. The main charge against the family is their failure, in part or full, to disclose assets in the United Kingdom and the United States.
Moreover according to the charge sheet, Karti, Srinidhi and Nalini have not disclosed information about investments in a property in Cambridge, UK as well as investments/beneficial ownership in Totus Tennis Limited and NanoHoldings LLC, which constitutes an offence under Section 50 of the Black Money Act.
Further the Cambridge property refers to an immovable property at No.5,
Holben Close, Barton, and Cambridge CB23 7AQ, United Kingdom, reportedly
acquired by the Chidambarams in 2015 for Rs 5.37 crore. Recently the investigations
by the Income Tax Department also revealed that Karti Chidambaram had made
investments to the tune of Rs 3.28 crore and Rs 80 lakh in Nano Holdings LLC,
USA and in Totus Tennis Limited, UK respectively, through his domestic company
Chess Global Advisory Services Private Limited and the matter has been posted
for hearing on June 11.
Hyderabadi Business magnet donates 1 Crore to TTD Hyderabad sources made a statement that Hyderabad based businessman B Karunakar Reddy has donated Rs 1 crore to Lord Venkateswara in Tirumala on Wednesday. Accordingly an ardent devotee of Lord Venkateswara, Karunakar Reddy along with his family visited Tirumala temple, offered their prayers to the Lord and later handed over a cheque of Rs 1,00,00,116.
- Can Chandrababu Naidu could bring Special Category Status to AP through his National Charisma?
- North Korea carried out demolition of its nuclear test site
- Rahul Gandhi dares PM for a fuel challenge
- Blue Methane flames burning in Hawaii Volcano
- Will Tuticorin return back to normalcy by new Collector?
- VIDEO emerged showing inhuman reaction of police in Tuticorin
- BJP has not given up its hopes on Karnataka yet
- CM Palanisamy's said anti social elements took protesters to wrong path
- Is there any master plan behind death of celebrities son?
- Deadly Nipah Virus taken its toll with one more person
- Bollywood pair Ranveer Singh & Deepika Padukone wedding date finalized
- State wide Bandh in Tamilnadu on May 25 in Sterlite issue
- DMK Chief Stalin evicted from Secretariat premises
- Will HD Kumaraswamy bring Karnataka as a model for India?
- Did TDP party planned to attack Pawan Kalyan?