Recently as per report Income Tax department has charge sheeted former Union Minister P Chidambaram’s son Karti Chidambaram, his daughter in law Srinidhi and wife Nalini under the Black Money Act. Accordingly the charge sheets have been filed under Section 50 of the Black Money (Undisclosed Foreign Income and Assets) and Imposition of Tax Act, 2015. The main charge against the family is their failure, in part or full, to disclose assets in the United Kingdom and the United States.
Moreover according to the charge sheet, Karti, Srinidhi and Nalini have not disclosed information about investments in a property in Cambridge, UK as well as investments/beneficial ownership in Totus Tennis Limited and NanoHoldings LLC, which constitutes an offence under Section 50 of the Black Money Act.
Further the Cambridge property refers to an immovable property at No.5,
Holben Close, Barton, and Cambridge CB23 7AQ, United Kingdom, reportedly
acquired by the Chidambarams in 2015 for Rs 5.37 crore. Recently the investigations
by the Income Tax Department also revealed that Karti Chidambaram had made
investments to the tune of Rs 3.28 crore and Rs 80 lakh in Nano Holdings LLC,
USA and in Totus Tennis Limited, UK respectively, through his domestic company
Chess Global Advisory Services Private Limited and the matter has been posted
for hearing on June 11.
Rajinikanth delays politics due to BJP loss? Superstar Rajinikanth celebrates his 69th birthday today and on eve of the day, his numerous fans are celebrating with various events and his next movie Petta teaser was also released and fans are going Gaga over it. With BJP losing heavily in the state assembly elections, it has been said that Rajinikanth has decided to delay his political entry further.
- Mizoram CM's Sensational first order!
- Why Chandrababu Naidu failed in Telangana?
- Will Stormy Daniels pay Trump &3,00,000 as defamation suit dismissed?
- KCR the KING of Telangana, to Sworn in as CM
- Rahul Gandhi principal challenger to PM Narendra Modi for LS polls in 2019
- Has BJP lost its influence? Rajinikanth
- RGVs comment after Telangana Election Results
- 6 Women Candidates elected in Telangana Assembly 2018
- Puppy Sales at Pet Shops banned in Germany during Christmas
- Will Revanth Reddy quit politics?
- IIT-M makes 888 Job offers by 195 companies
- KCRs added advantage in becoming CM again
- Matter of extradition of Vijay Mallya to India referred to Secretary of State of UK
- Uttam Kumar Reddy alleged discrepancies in counting of votes for Telangana
- Zomato Delivery Man caught in Video eating Food for Delivery