Recently as per report Income Tax department has charge sheeted former Union Minister P Chidambaram’s son Karti Chidambaram, his daughter in law Srinidhi and wife Nalini under the Black Money Act. Accordingly the charge sheets have been filed under Section 50 of the Black Money (Undisclosed Foreign Income and Assets) and Imposition of Tax Act, 2015. The main charge against the family is their failure, in part or full, to disclose assets in the United Kingdom and the United States.
Moreover according to the charge sheet, Karti, Srinidhi and Nalini have not disclosed information about investments in a property in Cambridge, UK as well as investments/beneficial ownership in Totus Tennis Limited and NanoHoldings LLC, which constitutes an offence under Section 50 of the Black Money Act.
Further the Cambridge property refers to an immovable property at No.5,
Holben Close, Barton, and Cambridge CB23 7AQ, United Kingdom, reportedly
acquired by the Chidambarams in 2015 for Rs 5.37 crore. Recently the investigations
by the Income Tax Department also revealed that Karti Chidambaram had made
investments to the tune of Rs 3.28 crore and Rs 80 lakh in Nano Holdings LLC,
USA and in Totus Tennis Limited, UK respectively, through his domestic company
Chess Global Advisory Services Private Limited and the matter has been posted
for hearing on June 11.
TTD gets Rs.1 Crore Donation Hyderabad sources made a statement that Hyderabad based businessman B Karunakar Reddy has donated Rs 1 crore to Lord Venkateswara in Tirumala on Wednesday. Accordingly an ardent devotee of Lord Venkateswara, Karunakar Reddy along with his family visited Tirumala temple, offered their prayers to the Lord and later handed over a cheque of Rs 1,00,00,116.
- What happened to the case lodged by Sterlite?
- Plastic Surgeon caught red-handed as Patient dies from Butt englargement injection
- Indian Cricket Team's Bus Driver reveals about Dhoni, Raina, Kohli
- Rahul & Sonia maintains good relation with UPA parties & to defeat Modi in 2019
- Croatia motivated Many Smaller Nations in FIFA World Cup, Will India be Motivated?
- Why President of Iran warned US against pursuing conflict with his country?
- Many shot dead before Toronto Restaurant at Canada
- Germany, world's largest car makers are affected hard by US import tariffs
- Piyush Goyal said he did not understand "foreign English accent" of Shashi Tharoor
- Mamata Banerjee escalating attack against Modi regime
- Engineering aspirants getting ready for Online Engineering Counseling from July 25- August 20
- GST Prices dropped to 18% from 28%
- Subramanian Swamy wants Modi to undergo health check-up!
- Chennai School demands 2 Lakhs caution deposit from Parents - Parents Protest!
- Building collapses in Chennai as many feared dead!