According to sources transgender persons across Karnataka came out in large numbers to cast their vote in the Assembly elections held on May 12, particularly in Mangaluru constituency, where 40 members from the community came to vote together. Accordingly over 4,500 transgender persons had enrolled to vote in the Assembly elections this year. Meanwhile the number was a significant jump from the 2,100 who had enrolled in the state in 2013.
Earlier in Mangaluru, members of the transgender community voted and also posed for photographs, displaying their ink-stained fingers outside the booths. Meanwhile Nikil came early in the morning to cast her vote. She said "We are merely doing our duty as citizens of the country”. Accordingly Kajal, who voted in Udupi, also said she was there to exercise her basic right as a citizen of the country.
said "We want to raise the issues of the transgender community in politics
and we want to do it ourselves. It has always been men and women candidates
taking part in elections. Why not transgender persons?". Moreover in Bengaluru, noted transgender
activist Akkai Padmashali cast her vote as a member of the community for the
Putin got his view & expressed his view: FBI Chief Washington sources reported that FBI director Christopher Wray said Wednesday that the US intelligence community stands by its view that Russia interfered in the 2016 US election, despite Vladimir Putin's denial this week to President Donald Trump. Wray said when asked about Putin's denial to Trump at their summit in Helsinki "He has got his view, he has expressed his view”.
- Apple crossed $900 billion market capitalization mark last year: CEO Tim Cook
- Illiterate Prisoners becomes Literate in Telangana
- Chief Minister trolls Stalin!
- Chennai high court Chief justice assures severe punishment!
- Speaker accepts No Confidence motion!
- 85% land measured- CM reveals
- TTD in AP reconsidering decision to shut their doors to devotees for 6 days in August
- AP CM Chandrababu always a Hot Cake for National Political Parties
- SHE Team identifies 15 Criminal Cases in 15 Days
- No-Trust motion be debated in Lok Sabha on Friday
- Will AIADMK support TDP in No-Trust Vote?
- Women should be allowed to offer prayers in Sabarimala temple: SC
- Rohit s superlative one day form that earned him a Test call soon
- Sri Lanka temporarily shuts down Facebook after hate speech resulting in mob violence
- What is Non-Confidence Motion? How does it Work?