According to sources transgender persons across Karnataka came out in large numbers to cast their vote in the Assembly elections held on May 12, particularly in Mangaluru constituency, where 40 members from the community came to vote together. Accordingly over 4,500 transgender persons had enrolled to vote in the Assembly elections this year. Meanwhile the number was a significant jump from the 2,100 who had enrolled in the state in 2013.
Earlier in Mangaluru, members of the transgender community voted and also posed for photographs, displaying their ink-stained fingers outside the booths. Meanwhile Nikil came early in the morning to cast her vote. She said "We are merely doing our duty as citizens of the country”. Accordingly Kajal, who voted in Udupi, also said she was there to exercise her basic right as a citizen of the country.
said "We want to raise the issues of the transgender community in politics
and we want to do it ourselves. It has always been men and women candidates
taking part in elections. Why not transgender persons?". Moreover in Bengaluru, noted transgender
activist Akkai Padmashali cast her vote as a member of the community for the
Phethai cyclone won't be a threat to TN! The new cyclone that has been formed in the south east Bay of Bengal and the Indian ocean areas around it, has been named as Phethai, and it has been said that this cyclone won't be of much trouble for Tamilnadu and will have minimal rainfalls. Within the next 24 hours, in the southeast Bay of Bengal and the Indian Ocean areas, there will be a low pressure trough formation, and this will become
- Stalin wishes Sonia Gandhi!
- Thirumavalavan confirms no PMK with DMK!
- Congress ahead in Rajasthan & Chhattisgarh
- Protests before Kerala CM residence!
- Congress Leads in Chhattisgarh,Rajasthan, TRS in Telangana
- #TelanganaElections2018 - Zero chances for Lotus to Bloom anywhere in South India
- #TelanganaElections2018 - TRS got 77% of the Polled votes and this is one of the best margins in Indian Democratic History
- Voter turnout in Hyderabad fell to a dismal figure of 48.9%
- Call centre for Women's Emergency helpline inaugurated in Chennai
- #AssemblyElections2018 - Track Live Updates
- #AssemblyElections2018 -A humongous victory for TRS surpassing 90 seat mark, Congress Leads in 3 states
- Counting of Votes for Telangana in full swing
- TRS Leading in Early Trends of Counting!!!
- Polling results from Rajasthan, Telangana, Madhya Pradesh, Chhattisgarh & Mizoram LIVE UPDATES
- Telangana Leaders took Four Days break before Counting of Votes