Washington sources reported that NASA is planning to send the first unmanned helicopter to Mars in its mission scheduled to launch in 2020, to test the viability and potential of heavier-than-air vehicles on the red planet. It was started in August 2013 as a technology development project at NASA's Jet Propulsion Laboratory (JPL), the Mars Helicopter had to prove that big things could come in small packages.
Meanwhile the result of the team's four years of design, testing and redesign weighs in at little less than 1.8 kilograms. Further its fuselage is about the size of a softball, and its twin, counter rotating blades will bite into the thin Martian atmosphere at almost 3,000 rotations per minute about 10 times the rate of a helicopter on Earth.
Thomas Zurbuchen, associate administrator for NASA's Science Mission
Directorate at the agency headquarters in Washington said "Exploring the
red planet with NASA's Mars Helicopter exemplifies a successful marriage of
science and technology innovation and is a unique opportunity to advance Mars
exploration for the future". Moreover Zurbuchen said "After the
Wright Brothers proved 117 years ago that powered, sustained, and controlled
flight was possible here on Earth, another group of American pioneers may prove
the same can be done on another world”.
Will HD Kumaraswamy bring Karnataka as a model for India? Bengaluru sources reported that Karnataka’s new Chief Minister HD Kumaraswamy and Deputy CM G Parameshwara addressed their first press conference after taking oath on the steps of the Vidhana Soudha on Wednesday. Meanwhile JD(S) State President Kumaraswamy, who has taken oath as CM for the second time in his political career, started off by saying that in spite of what he had said before the results about how he would not join hands with either the BJP or Congress, circumstances had changed, pus
- Did TDP party planned to attack Pawan Kalyan?
- TDP party strongest party in India
- NASAs first mission to touch a Star
- US Department of Defense introduced new policy setting more restrictions for cell phones
- Paytm acquired Orbgen Technologies, entity that operates TicketNew, a Chennai based online ticketing platform
- Why Pawan Kalyan touched farmer's feet, responsibility or caring nature?
- Political leaders politicizes whole issue about Tirumala controversy
- Chennai high court orders preservation of bodies!
- Prakashraj condemns TN government!
- Reason behind deaths is BJP not getting support in TN!
- Meghan Markle and the 17 rules!
- Madras HC stayed expansion of Vedanta's copper smelter plant in Tuticorin district
- Telangana BJP Member of Parliament Bandaru Dattatreya's 21 year son died of massive heart attack
- Congress President Okayed Parameshwara as Deputy CM of Karnataka
- Luck favors H.D. Kumaraswamy, again been crowned king by Congress