A chargesheet has been filed 4 years after the death of Sunanda Pushkar, the wife of Shashi Tharoor, the congress leader, who had passed away in mysterious circumstances at Leela hotel, Delhi. The 3000 page chargesheet was filed before Dharmender Singh, the Metropolitan magistrate, in Patiala House court.
The chargesheet was filed under sections 498A, which is subjecting of a woman to cruelty by husband or relatives, and abetment of suicide, section 306. The police have filed the chargesheet with Shashi Tharoor mentioned as an accused, which Tharoor has said he will fight vigorously against the chargesheet, saying that he has been wrongly accused.
The police had filed based on
autopsy and forensic evidence. Tharoor has questioned what has made police to
conclude he had pressured Sunanda to death, and the methods of the police in
coming to this conclusion 4 years after death, and the next hearing on the case
is on 24 May.
Sonia Gandhi to address a Public Meeting in Telangana on November 23 Hyderabad sources reported that campaigning for the December 7 Telangana Assembly polls would hit top gear during the next fortnight with top leaders, including Prime Minister Narendra Modi, BJP chief Amit Shah, former Congress president Sonia Gandhi, set to address public meetings in the state. Meanwhile with the process of filing nominations coming to a close on Monday,
- Today is the Last day for filing nominations for Telangana Assembly Elections
- Superstar warns against ticket rates!
- Sasikala to come out on parole?
- Chief Minister Visit canceled!
- Schools, Colleges announced Holiday
- Will H1-B Visa Holders to split Families?
- DeepVeer to hosts 2 Wedding Receptions
- Death toll in Tamilnadu due to Cyclone Gaja rose to 33
- NASA's Kepler space telescope to disconnect communication with Earth
- Mike Hussey feels Hardik Pandya's absence is greatest disappointment
- Anna University Exams postponed to December 13, 14 due to Cyclone Gaja
- Mobile app to track air pollution developed by Delhi students
- PM Narendra Modi campaigned at Chhattisgarh
- Congress privilege motion against Modi!
- Yogi Adityanath's hug challenge!