Beijing sources reported that China's state-run news agency reported citing the plane's manufacturer that "They are endeavoring to get the airworthiness certification from the civil aviation authorities by 2021, and deliver it to the customers by 2022". Xinhua quoted Huang Lingcai, the plane's chief designer at state-owned Aviation Industry Corporation of China (AVIC), as saying that China developed the AG600 as part of a drive to modernize its military; in places like the South China Sea that has rattled nerves in the Asia-Pacific region and the United States.
Meanwhile it made its maiden flight in China in December. Huang also said the aircraft would make more flights in 2018, including its first takeoff from water. Accordingly AVIC has spent about eight years developing the aircraft, which is roughly the size of a Boeing Co 737 and is designed to carry out marine rescues and battle forest fires, which has a range of up to 4,500 kms (2,800 miles) and is designed to be able to take off and land in two metre (six feet) waves.
Furthermore it is powered by four turboprop engines; the AG600 can carry
50 people during maritime search and rescue missions, and can scoop up 12
metric tons of water within 20 seconds for firefighting trips, according to
state media. Previously in December, state media said that the aircraft had
received 17 orders so far from Chinese government departments and Chinese
Trump cancelled his own participation in Davos, citing row over his proposed wall Washington sources reported that President Donald Trump on Thursday cancelled the US delegation's trip to the annual international conference at Davos, saying the officials were needed in Washington to tackle the shutdown of the federal government. A statement from Press Secretary Sarah Sanders said "Out of consideration for the 800,000 great American workers not receiving pay and to ensure
- Telangana & AP extended time limit for interstate transfers
- Trump coming out with reforms giving H-1B visa holders certainty to stay in US
- SC appoints Ombudsman for Hardik & Rahul comments
- Rakesh Asthana ousted from CBI!
- TASMAC surpasses Petta!
- Congress MP's trolls Amit and gets criticism!
- World's top four Richest Celebrity list with their individual net worth
- RBI Governor to cut Interest Rates
- PhonePe seen a remarkable growth in 2018 in offline business
- Vijayashanthi questions Why TRS shows fake statements
- SC orders protection for counterfeit travelers in Sabarimala issue
- Boxing Legend Muhammad Ali name for US Airport
- Reliance Jio Net Profit jumped to 65%
- Arun Jaitley to increase Income Tax Slabs Tax Rate
- Ola Money Postpaid offers a 15 day credit line to passengers