Beijing sources reported that China's state-run news agency reported citing the plane's manufacturer that "They are endeavoring to get the airworthiness certification from the civil aviation authorities by 2021, and deliver it to the customers by 2022". Xinhua quoted Huang Lingcai, the plane's chief designer at state-owned Aviation Industry Corporation of China (AVIC), as saying that China developed the AG600 as part of a drive to modernize its military; in places like the South China Sea that has rattled nerves in the Asia-Pacific region and the United States.
Meanwhile it made its maiden flight in China in December. Huang also said the aircraft would make more flights in 2018, including its first takeoff from water. Accordingly AVIC has spent about eight years developing the aircraft, which is roughly the size of a Boeing Co 737 and is designed to carry out marine rescues and battle forest fires, which has a range of up to 4,500 kms (2,800 miles) and is designed to be able to take off and land in two metre (six feet) waves.
Furthermore it is powered by four turboprop engines; the AG600 can carry
50 people during maritime search and rescue missions, and can scoop up 12
metric tons of water within 20 seconds for firefighting trips, according to
state media. Previously in December, state media said that the aircraft had
received 17 orders so far from Chinese government departments and Chinese
Will Sharmila Jagan contest from Hyderabad? Accordingly Sharmila, who had earlier headed the Telangana unit of YCP, is nowhere in the scene now in the Telangana polls. Meanwhile Jagan has announced that YCP would stay away from the Telangana elections, the move said to have irked Sharmila and her followers in the party.
- Sonia Gandhi to address a Public Meeting in Telangana on November 23
- Today is the Last day for filing nominations for Telangana Assembly Elections
- Superstar warns against ticket rates!
- Sasikala to come out on parole?
- Chief Minister Visit canceled!
- Schools, Colleges announced Holiday
- Will H1-B Visa Holders to split Families?
- DeepVeer to hosts 2 Wedding Receptions
- Death toll in Tamilnadu due to Cyclone Gaja rose to 33
- NASA's Kepler space telescope to disconnect communication with Earth
- Mike Hussey feels Hardik Pandya's absence is greatest disappointment
- Anna University Exams postponed to December 13, 14 due to Cyclone Gaja
- Mobile app to track air pollution developed by Delhi students
- PM Narendra Modi campaigned at Chhattisgarh
- Congress privilege motion against Modi!