According to sources a day after Mamta Banerjee's allegations of having death threat and a political party conspiring to kill her by hiring contract killers and violence had marred in West Bengal. Accordingly he panchayat polls held in West Bengal yesterday had witnessed massive violence resulting in death of at least twelve people and injuring 42 people. Moreover the Election Commission said 73% of the electorate turned out to cast their vote.
Meanwhile despite tight security arrangements in which 60,000 security personnel from West Bengal and other states were deployed, violence broke out in North and South 24 Parganas, East Midnapore, Burdwan, Nadia, Murshidabad and South Dinajpur districts. As per report the polling booths were mainly targeted during the violence after clashes broke out between Trinamool Congress supporters and opposition party workers.
Furthermore crude bombs were also hurled near several polling stations.
Moreover the opposition parties accused the ruling Trinamool Congress of
unleashing a reign of terror and destroying democracy. However, the TMC downplayed
the violence, saying it was far less compared to the previous rule of the Left.
Hyderabadi Business magnet donates 1 Crore to TTD Hyderabad sources made a statement that Hyderabad based businessman B Karunakar Reddy has donated Rs 1 crore to Lord Venkateswara in Tirumala on Wednesday. Accordingly an ardent devotee of Lord Venkateswara, Karunakar Reddy along with his family visited Tirumala temple, offered their prayers to the Lord and later handed over a cheque of Rs 1,00,00,116.
- Can Chandrababu Naidu could bring Special Category Status to AP through his National Charisma?
- North Korea carried out demolition of its nuclear test site
- Rahul Gandhi dares PM for a fuel challenge
- Blue Methane flames burning in Hawaii Volcano
- Will Tuticorin return back to normalcy by new Collector?
- VIDEO emerged showing inhuman reaction of police in Tuticorin
- BJP has not given up its hopes on Karnataka yet
- CM Palanisamy's said anti social elements took protesters to wrong path
- Is there any master plan behind death of celebrities son?
- Deadly Nipah Virus taken its toll with one more person
- Bollywood pair Ranveer Singh & Deepika Padukone wedding date finalized
- State wide Bandh in Tamilnadu on May 25 in Sterlite issue
- DMK Chief Stalin evicted from Secretariat premises
- Will HD Kumaraswamy bring Karnataka as a model for India?
- Did TDP party planned to attack Pawan Kalyan?