According to sources a day after Mamta Banerjee's allegations of having death threat and a political party conspiring to kill her by hiring contract killers and violence had marred in West Bengal. Accordingly he panchayat polls held in West Bengal yesterday had witnessed massive violence resulting in death of at least twelve people and injuring 42 people. Moreover the Election Commission said 73% of the electorate turned out to cast their vote.
Meanwhile despite tight security arrangements in which 60,000 security personnel from West Bengal and other states were deployed, violence broke out in North and South 24 Parganas, East Midnapore, Burdwan, Nadia, Murshidabad and South Dinajpur districts. As per report the polling booths were mainly targeted during the violence after clashes broke out between Trinamool Congress supporters and opposition party workers.
Furthermore crude bombs were also hurled near several polling stations.
Moreover the opposition parties accused the ruling Trinamool Congress of
unleashing a reign of terror and destroying democracy. However, the TMC downplayed
the violence, saying it was far less compared to the previous rule of the Left.
Today is the Last day for filing nominations for Telangana Assembly Elections Today is the last day for filing the nominations for Rajasthan and Telangana Assembly Elections. Single-phase polling for 200 assembly constituencies of Rajasthan and 119 constituencies of Telangana will take place on 7th of December.
- Superstar warns against ticket rates!
- Sasikala to come out on parole?
- Chief Minister Visit canceled!
- Schools, Colleges announced Holiday
- Will H1-B Visa Holders to split Families?
- DeepVeer to hosts 2 Wedding Receptions
- Death toll in Tamilnadu due to Cyclone Gaja rose to 33
- NASA's Kepler space telescope to disconnect communication with Earth
- Mike Hussey feels Hardik Pandya's absence is greatest disappointment
- Anna University Exams postponed to December 13, 14 due to Cyclone Gaja
- Mobile app to track air pollution developed by Delhi students
- PM Narendra Modi campaigned at Chhattisgarh
- Congress privilege motion against Modi!
- Yogi Adityanath's hug challenge!
- Hyderabad Metro recording footfall of 80,000-85,000 passengers per day