According to sources a day after Mamta Banerjee's allegations of having death threat and a political party conspiring to kill her by hiring contract killers and violence had marred in West Bengal. Accordingly he panchayat polls held in West Bengal yesterday had witnessed massive violence resulting in death of at least twelve people and injuring 42 people. Moreover the Election Commission said 73% of the electorate turned out to cast their vote.
Meanwhile despite tight security arrangements in which 60,000 security personnel from West Bengal and other states were deployed, violence broke out in North and South 24 Parganas, East Midnapore, Burdwan, Nadia, Murshidabad and South Dinajpur districts. As per report the polling booths were mainly targeted during the violence after clashes broke out between Trinamool Congress supporters and opposition party workers.
Furthermore crude bombs were also hurled near several polling stations.
Moreover the opposition parties accused the ruling Trinamool Congress of
unleashing a reign of terror and destroying democracy. However, the TMC downplayed
the violence, saying it was far less compared to the previous rule of the Left.
Trump cancelled his own participation in Davos, citing row over his proposed wall Washington sources reported that President Donald Trump on Thursday cancelled the US delegation's trip to the annual international conference at Davos, saying the officials were needed in Washington to tackle the shutdown of the federal government. A statement from Press Secretary Sarah Sanders said "Out of consideration for the 800,000 great American workers not receiving pay and to ensure
- Telangana & AP extended time limit for interstate transfers
- Trump coming out with reforms giving H-1B visa holders certainty to stay in US
- SC appoints Ombudsman for Hardik & Rahul comments
- Rakesh Asthana ousted from CBI!
- TASMAC surpasses Petta!
- Congress MP's trolls Amit and gets criticism!
- World's top four Richest Celebrity list with their individual net worth
- RBI Governor to cut Interest Rates
- PhonePe seen a remarkable growth in 2018 in offline business
- Vijayashanthi questions Why TRS shows fake statements
- SC orders protection for counterfeit travelers in Sabarimala issue
- Boxing Legend Muhammad Ali name for US Airport
- Reliance Jio Net Profit jumped to 65%
- Arun Jaitley to increase Income Tax Slabs Tax Rate
- Ola Money Postpaid offers a 15 day credit line to passengers