Meanwhile when addressing the press from his head office in Chennai, Makkal Needhi Maiam leader Kamal Hassan has said that an exclusive meeting will be held in Chennai to discuss Tamilnadu’s rights in the ongoing Cauvery tussle with other states on May 19 and that water experts, farmers and party members will take part in it. Meanwhile Kamal also left the meeting open for other parties to participate as well.
Kamal said “This is an important gathering. Based on discussions with all the farmers association it has been decided that a meeting will be conducted in Chennai. Calling it Tamilnadu’s voice for Cauvery, we plan to discuss and demand Tamilnadu’s rightful share of water from different dams".
Kamal added “Tomorrow, no matter who wins in Karnataka elections, there’s
going to be a Chief Minister who is bound by people’s welfares. We shall meet
him, no matter which party he belongs to, he is human too right? We will talk
to him. We will appeal to him. For that we need to unite". He concluded by
saying "The only way is for farmers to be united. Everyone’s got to be
united beyond political boundaries and he is happy that they have chosen
Nallakannu ayya as their leader".
Trump cancelled his own participation in Davos, citing row over his proposed wall Washington sources reported that President Donald Trump on Thursday cancelled the US delegation's trip to the annual international conference at Davos, saying the officials were needed in Washington to tackle the shutdown of the federal government. A statement from Press Secretary Sarah Sanders said "Out of consideration for the 800,000 great American workers not receiving pay and to ensure
- Telangana & AP extended time limit for interstate transfers
- Trump coming out with reforms giving H-1B visa holders certainty to stay in US
- SC appoints Ombudsman for Hardik & Rahul comments
- Rakesh Asthana ousted from CBI!
- TASMAC surpasses Petta!
- Congress MP's trolls Amit and gets criticism!
- World's top four Richest Celebrity list with their individual net worth
- RBI Governor to cut Interest Rates
- PhonePe seen a remarkable growth in 2018 in offline business
- Vijayashanthi questions Why TRS shows fake statements
- SC orders protection for counterfeit travelers in Sabarimala issue
- Boxing Legend Muhammad Ali name for US Airport
- Reliance Jio Net Profit jumped to 65%
- Arun Jaitley to increase Income Tax Slabs Tax Rate
- Ola Money Postpaid offers a 15 day credit line to passengers