Meanwhile when addressing the press from his head office in Chennai, Makkal Needhi Maiam leader Kamal Hassan has said that an exclusive meeting will be held in Chennai to discuss Tamilnadu’s rights in the ongoing Cauvery tussle with other states on May 19 and that water experts, farmers and party members will take part in it. Meanwhile Kamal also left the meeting open for other parties to participate as well.
Kamal said “This is an important gathering. Based on discussions with all the farmers association it has been decided that a meeting will be conducted in Chennai. Calling it Tamilnadu’s voice for Cauvery, we plan to discuss and demand Tamilnadu’s rightful share of water from different dams".
Kamal added “Tomorrow, no matter who wins in Karnataka elections, there’s
going to be a Chief Minister who is bound by people’s welfares. We shall meet
him, no matter which party he belongs to, he is human too right? We will talk
to him. We will appeal to him. For that we need to unite". He concluded by
saying "The only way is for farmers to be united. Everyone’s got to be
united beyond political boundaries and he is happy that they have chosen
Nallakannu ayya as their leader".
Today is the Last day for filing nominations for Telangana Assembly Elections Today is the last day for filing the nominations for Rajasthan and Telangana Assembly Elections. Single-phase polling for 200 assembly constituencies of Rajasthan and 119 constituencies of Telangana will take place on 7th of December.
- Superstar warns against ticket rates!
- Sasikala to come out on parole?
- Chief Minister Visit canceled!
- Schools, Colleges announced Holiday
- Will H1-B Visa Holders to split Families?
- DeepVeer to hosts 2 Wedding Receptions
- Death toll in Tamilnadu due to Cyclone Gaja rose to 33
- NASA's Kepler space telescope to disconnect communication with Earth
- Mike Hussey feels Hardik Pandya's absence is greatest disappointment
- Anna University Exams postponed to December 13, 14 due to Cyclone Gaja
- Mobile app to track air pollution developed by Delhi students
- PM Narendra Modi campaigned at Chhattisgarh
- Congress privilege motion against Modi!
- Yogi Adityanath's hug challenge!
- Hyderabad Metro recording footfall of 80,000-85,000 passengers per day