Bengaluru sources added that Minutes after the counting began in the Karnataka election, the early trends showed that it was a neck and neck battle between the Congress and the BJP. It is not known whether the Siddaramaiah-led Congress government will return to power or the BJP will regain the only southern state it has ever ruled, or if it will be a hung house the verdict of the Karnataka assembly election 2018 will be clear in a few hours from now.
Presently votes are being counted for 222 of the 224 assembly seats from 8 am. Meanwhile an aggregate of nine exit polls shows the BJP emerging as the largest party with 97 seats, but well short of the majority mark. As per report the Congress will win 90 seats and regional party Janata Dal Secular or JDS 31, according to the poll of exit polls.
Moreover with the exit polls also predicting that HD Deve Gowda of the Janata Dal Secular will emerge as the kingmaker, there has been a strong buzz of post-poll negotiations even before the counting of votes begins. Presently there is speculation that the JDS chief HD Kumaraswamy is in talks with the Congress and the BJP. Furthermore Karnataka Chief Minister Siddaramaiah said while he is willing to stay on as the chief minister for another term, he would step aside for a Dalit candidate if the party high command so desires. Moreover the JDS has said it is the Congress's "responsibility" to reach out if it does not get a majority today.
Hyderabadi Business magnet donates 1 Crore to TTD Hyderabad sources made a statement that Hyderabad based businessman B Karunakar Reddy has donated Rs 1 crore to Lord Venkateswara in Tirumala on Wednesday. Accordingly an ardent devotee of Lord Venkateswara, Karunakar Reddy along with his family visited Tirumala temple, offered their prayers to the Lord and later handed over a cheque of Rs 1,00,00,116.
- Can Chandrababu Naidu could bring Special Category Status to AP through his National Charisma?
- North Korea carried out demolition of its nuclear test site
- Rahul Gandhi dares PM for a fuel challenge
- Blue Methane flames burning in Hawaii Volcano
- Will Tuticorin return back to normalcy by new Collector?
- VIDEO emerged showing inhuman reaction of police in Tuticorin
- BJP has not given up its hopes on Karnataka yet
- CM Palanisamy's said anti social elements took protesters to wrong path
- Is there any master plan behind death of celebrities son?
- Deadly Nipah Virus taken its toll with one more person
- Bollywood pair Ranveer Singh & Deepika Padukone wedding date finalized
- State wide Bandh in Tamilnadu on May 25 in Sterlite issue
- DMK Chief Stalin evicted from Secretariat premises
- Will HD Kumaraswamy bring Karnataka as a model for India?
- Did TDP party planned to attack Pawan Kalyan?