Bengaluru sources added that Minutes after the counting began in the Karnataka election, the early trends showed that it was a neck and neck battle between the Congress and the BJP. It is not known whether the Siddaramaiah-led Congress government will return to power or the BJP will regain the only southern state it has ever ruled, or if it will be a hung house the verdict of the Karnataka assembly election 2018 will be clear in a few hours from now.
Presently votes are being counted for 222 of the 224 assembly seats from 8 am. Meanwhile an aggregate of nine exit polls shows the BJP emerging as the largest party with 97 seats, but well short of the majority mark. As per report the Congress will win 90 seats and regional party Janata Dal Secular or JDS 31, according to the poll of exit polls.
Moreover with the exit polls also predicting that HD Deve Gowda of the Janata Dal Secular will emerge as the kingmaker, there has been a strong buzz of post-poll negotiations even before the counting of votes begins. Presently there is speculation that the JDS chief HD Kumaraswamy is in talks with the Congress and the BJP. Furthermore Karnataka Chief Minister Siddaramaiah said while he is willing to stay on as the chief minister for another term, he would step aside for a Dalit candidate if the party high command so desires. Moreover the JDS has said it is the Congress's "responsibility" to reach out if it does not get a majority today.
Today is the Last day for filing nominations for Telangana Assembly Elections Today is the last day for filing the nominations for Rajasthan and Telangana Assembly Elections. Single-phase polling for 200 assembly constituencies of Rajasthan and 119 constituencies of Telangana will take place on 7th of December.
- Superstar warns against ticket rates!
- Sasikala to come out on parole?
- Chief Minister Visit canceled!
- Schools, Colleges announced Holiday
- Will H1-B Visa Holders to split Families?
- DeepVeer to hosts 2 Wedding Receptions
- Death toll in Tamilnadu due to Cyclone Gaja rose to 33
- NASA's Kepler space telescope to disconnect communication with Earth
- Mike Hussey feels Hardik Pandya's absence is greatest disappointment
- Anna University Exams postponed to December 13, 14 due to Cyclone Gaja
- Mobile app to track air pollution developed by Delhi students
- PM Narendra Modi campaigned at Chhattisgarh
- Congress privilege motion against Modi!
- Yogi Adityanath's hug challenge!
- Hyderabad Metro recording footfall of 80,000-85,000 passengers per day