Hyderabad sources made a statement that Telangana will embark on an ambitious project to achieve "avoidable blindness free status" by conducting comprehensive eye screening for its 3.5 crore population. Recently the Telangana government embarked on a noble project of achieving "avoidable blindness-free" status by conducting comprehensive and universal eye screening for the entire population of the state under the title "Telangana Kanti Velugu”.
A Government Order (GO) issued said the salient features of the project include universal eye screening for all citizens of Telangana, all cases that require correction of refraction errors, spectacles to be distributed free of cost.
The government plans to conduct surgeries in all cases of cataract,
glaucoma, retinopathy, corneal disorders etc and all services will be provided
free of cost, the GO added. The government has accorded administrative sanction
to the project today as per the GO.
Sonia Gandhi to address a Public Meeting in Telangana on November 23 Hyderabad sources reported that campaigning for the December 7 Telangana Assembly polls would hit top gear during the next fortnight with top leaders, including Prime Minister Narendra Modi, BJP chief Amit Shah, former Congress president Sonia Gandhi, set to address public meetings in the state. Meanwhile with the process of filing nominations coming to a close on Monday,
- Today is the Last day for filing nominations for Telangana Assembly Elections
- Superstar warns against ticket rates!
- Sasikala to come out on parole?
- Chief Minister Visit canceled!
- Schools, Colleges announced Holiday
- Will H1-B Visa Holders to split Families?
- DeepVeer to hosts 2 Wedding Receptions
- Death toll in Tamilnadu due to Cyclone Gaja rose to 33
- NASA's Kepler space telescope to disconnect communication with Earth
- Mike Hussey feels Hardik Pandya's absence is greatest disappointment
- Anna University Exams postponed to December 13, 14 due to Cyclone Gaja
- Mobile app to track air pollution developed by Delhi students
- PM Narendra Modi campaigned at Chhattisgarh
- Congress privilege motion against Modi!
- Yogi Adityanath's hug challenge!