Bengaluru sources reported that Karnataka BJP chief B S Yeddyurappa met Governor Vajubhai Vala and staked claim to form the government, countering a move of the Congress-JDS combine which he slammed as an attempt to come back to power through the back door. Yeddyurappa told "BJP has emerged as the single largest party; we have requested the governor to give us an opportunity to prove our majority on the floor of the assembly”.
Meanwhile the move by Yeddyurappa came soon after JD(S) leader H D Kumaraswamy wrote to the governor informing him about his decision to accept the Congress' support extended to his party to form the government. Previously Yeddyurappa accused the Congress of trying to subvert the popular mandate and come back to power through the back door by offering support to JDS to form the government.
Furthermore Yeddyurappa said the people of the state
had rejected the Siddaramaiah government "lock, stock and barrel" and
given a mandate for change. The BJP strongman told reporters "The people
had given a mandate for a Congress-mukt Karnataka". Further Yeddyurappa
said there was anti-incumbency against the Siddaramaiah government and the
chief minister himself had suffered a "pathetic defeat" in his home
constituency of Chamundeshwari.
Putin got his view & expressed his view: FBI Chief Washington sources reported that FBI director Christopher Wray said Wednesday that the US intelligence community stands by its view that Russia interfered in the 2016 US election, despite Vladimir Putin's denial this week to President Donald Trump. Wray said when asked about Putin's denial to Trump at their summit in Helsinki "He has got his view, he has expressed his view”.
- Apple crossed $900 billion market capitalization mark last year: CEO Tim Cook
- Illiterate Prisoners becomes Literate in Telangana
- Chief Minister trolls Stalin!
- Chennai high court Chief justice assures severe punishment!
- Speaker accepts No Confidence motion!
- 85% land measured- CM reveals
- TTD in AP reconsidering decision to shut their doors to devotees for 6 days in August
- AP CM Chandrababu always a Hot Cake for National Political Parties
- SHE Team identifies 15 Criminal Cases in 15 Days
- No-Trust motion be debated in Lok Sabha on Friday
- Will AIADMK support TDP in No-Trust Vote?
- Women should be allowed to offer prayers in Sabarimala temple: SC
- Rohit s superlative one day form that earned him a Test call soon
- Sri Lanka temporarily shuts down Facebook after hate speech resulting in mob violence
- What is Non-Confidence Motion? How does it Work?