Bengaluru sources reported that Karnataka BJP chief B S Yeddyurappa met Governor Vajubhai Vala and staked claim to form the government, countering a move of the Congress-JDS combine which he slammed as an attempt to come back to power through the back door. Yeddyurappa told "BJP has emerged as the single largest party; we have requested the governor to give us an opportunity to prove our majority on the floor of the assembly”.
Meanwhile the move by Yeddyurappa came soon after JD(S) leader H D Kumaraswamy wrote to the governor informing him about his decision to accept the Congress' support extended to his party to form the government. Previously Yeddyurappa accused the Congress of trying to subvert the popular mandate and come back to power through the back door by offering support to JDS to form the government.
Furthermore Yeddyurappa said the people of the state
had rejected the Siddaramaiah government "lock, stock and barrel" and
given a mandate for change. The BJP strongman told reporters "The people
had given a mandate for a Congress-mukt Karnataka". Further Yeddyurappa
said there was anti-incumbency against the Siddaramaiah government and the
chief minister himself had suffered a "pathetic defeat" in his home
constituency of Chamundeshwari.
Will HD Kumaraswamy bring Karnataka as a model for India? Bengaluru sources reported that Karnataka’s new Chief Minister HD Kumaraswamy and Deputy CM G Parameshwara addressed their first press conference after taking oath on the steps of the Vidhana Soudha on Wednesday. Meanwhile JD(S) State President Kumaraswamy, who has taken oath as CM for the second time in his political career, started off by saying that in spite of what he had said before the results about how he would not join hands with either the BJP or Congress, circumstances had changed, pus
- Did TDP party planned to attack Pawan Kalyan?
- TDP party strongest party in India
- NASAs first mission to touch a Star
- US Department of Defense introduced new policy setting more restrictions for cell phones
- Paytm acquired Orbgen Technologies, entity that operates TicketNew, a Chennai based online ticketing platform
- Why Pawan Kalyan touched farmer's feet, responsibility or caring nature?
- Political leaders politicizes whole issue about Tirumala controversy
- Chennai high court orders preservation of bodies!
- Prakashraj condemns TN government!
- Reason behind deaths is BJP not getting support in TN!
- Meghan Markle and the 17 rules!
- Madras HC stayed expansion of Vedanta's copper smelter plant in Tuticorin district
- Telangana BJP Member of Parliament Bandaru Dattatreya's 21 year son died of massive heart attack
- Congress President Okayed Parameshwara as Deputy CM of Karnataka
- Luck favors H.D. Kumaraswamy, again been crowned king by Congress