With the Karnataka state assembly election results not ending in favor of either BJP or Congress, as neither of them gained majority seats, the BJP party has now begun its strategies to woo the Lingayat sect MLAs of Congress party to them. With the minimum requirement to form the government by any party being the winning of 112 seats out of the total of 222 constituencies, both the parties are making desperate measures.
While BJP has won 104 seats, Congress has won 78, Janata Dal secular has won 38, while 2 constituencies witnessed independent candidates winning. With congress joining hands with JD and even the 2 independent candidates joining them, the congress alliance now has 118 seats in their belt.
As BS Yedyurappa for BJP and Kumarasamy for the congress-JD alliance have planned to meet the governor, BJP has reportedly planned to lure 8 Lingayat MLAs from congress. It must be noted that despite Sidharamaiah announcing Lingayats as a separate religion prior to elections, the congress party did not receive support of Lingayats. Now with the plan to pull Lingayats, and also to pressurize Congress cadre to not accept Kumarasamy as CM, BJP is making its moves to thwart Congress plans.
Controversial Leader Subramaniya Swamy's next target is CM KCR New Delhi sources added that former Union minister and BJP leader Subramanian Swamy made severe criticism of Telangana government for its unconstitutional act of externating Swami Paripoornanda. In a letter to Telangana Chief Minister K. Chandrasekhar Rao, he questioned how the government could frame Swami in the sections which was usually meant for goons.
- Putin got his view & expressed his view: FBI Chief
- Apple crossed $900 billion market capitalization mark last year: CEO Tim Cook
- Illiterate Prisoners becomes Literate in Telangana
- Chief Minister trolls Stalin!
- Chennai high court Chief justice assures severe punishment!
- Speaker accepts No Confidence motion!
- 85% land measured- CM reveals
- TTD in AP reconsidering decision to shut their doors to devotees for 6 days in August
- AP CM Chandrababu always a Hot Cake for National Political Parties
- SHE Team identifies 15 Criminal Cases in 15 Days
- No-Trust motion be debated in Lok Sabha on Friday
- Will AIADMK support TDP in No-Trust Vote?
- Women should be allowed to offer prayers in Sabarimala temple: SC
- Rohit s superlative one day form that earned him a Test call soon
- Sri Lanka temporarily shuts down Facebook after hate speech resulting in mob violence