With the Karnataka state assembly election results not ending in favor of either BJP or Congress, as neither of them gained majority seats, the BJP party has now begun its strategies to woo the Lingayat sect MLAs of Congress party to them. With the minimum requirement to form the government by any party being the winning of 112 seats out of the total of 222 constituencies, both the parties are making desperate measures.
While BJP has won 104 seats, Congress has won 78, Janata Dal secular has won 38, while 2 constituencies witnessed independent candidates winning. With congress joining hands with JD and even the 2 independent candidates joining them, the congress alliance now has 118 seats in their belt.
As BS Yedyurappa for BJP and Kumarasamy for the congress-JD alliance have planned to meet the governor, BJP has reportedly planned to lure 8 Lingayat MLAs from congress. It must be noted that despite Sidharamaiah announcing Lingayats as a separate religion prior to elections, the congress party did not receive support of Lingayats. Now with the plan to pull Lingayats, and also to pressurize Congress cadre to not accept Kumarasamy as CM, BJP is making its moves to thwart Congress plans.
When Lokesh Greeted Jagan with Folded Hands Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister YS Jagan Mohan Reddy for the first time entered the AP Legislative Council Session on Monday. The first day of the 33rd Session commenced in the morning and was presided by Shariff Mohammed Ahmed the Chairman of the AP Legislative Council.
- Jagan's Popularity Soaring in Amaravati?
- Heat wave to continue in Chennai: IMD
- Chandrababu is Torture, Jagan is Torch-Bearer
- Which will make Rahul Gandhi stronger?
- AP Minister Calls Nara Lokesh as Mangalagiri Pappu in the Assembly
- Sri Reddy's next target is Actor Vishal
- Bar dancer stripped and attacked!
- Man cheats 32000 and escapes!
- Women directors for Chandrayaan 2!
- Girl dies as mother searches water!
- AP CM Jagan works for getting Special Category Status to AP
- BSNL website has listed the 'Abhinandan-151' prepaid recharge plan
- Trump called media corrupt & said journalists are enemy of the people
- Is Tamilnadu Govt doing its best to tackle the ongoing water crisis in the state?
- Telangana to receive Monsoon by June 20