With the Karnataka state assembly election results not ending in favor of either BJP or Congress, as neither of them gained majority seats, the BJP party has now begun its strategies to woo the Lingayat sect MLAs of Congress party to them. With the minimum requirement to form the government by any party being the winning of 112 seats out of the total of 222 constituencies, both the parties are making desperate measures.
While BJP has won 104 seats, Congress has won 78, Janata Dal secular has won 38, while 2 constituencies witnessed independent candidates winning. With congress joining hands with JD and even the 2 independent candidates joining them, the congress alliance now has 118 seats in their belt.
As BS Yedyurappa for BJP and Kumarasamy for the congress-JD alliance have planned to meet the governor, BJP has reportedly planned to lure 8 Lingayat MLAs from congress. It must be noted that despite Sidharamaiah announcing Lingayats as a separate religion prior to elections, the congress party did not receive support of Lingayats. Now with the plan to pull Lingayats, and also to pressurize Congress cadre to not accept Kumarasamy as CM, BJP is making its moves to thwart Congress plans.
AAP includes Jobs for Youth in its Manifesto Sources from Raipur stated that the Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) Sunday promised a corruption free administration, prohibition and a loan waiver for farmers if elected to power in Chhattisgarh. Meanwhile when releasing its manifesto in Raipur for the state polls, which the AAP is contesting for the first time, the Arvind Kejriwal led party announced a slew of measures for different sections of the society.
- PM Narendra Modi inaugurated two major national highways
- Why TN CM defended protests against AR Murugadoss's Sarkar?
- Owner charged for forcing Indian Woman
- Cyclone Gaja expected to hit coastal Tamilnadu & AP
- Actor Mohan Babu in support of TRS Party
- Green Challenge thrown by Telangana Government
- Wildfire in California killed 23
- New Rule in solving problems faced in NRI Marriages
- Hong Kong-Zhuhai-Macao bridge anticipated to have 5G service
- AP CM Chandrababu Naidu expands his Cabinet with 2 Ministers
- Do you know which is Indias Most CONGESTED PLACE?
- Why Chiranjeevi neither meets Rahul Gandhi nor attends any Congress meetings?
- Minister's controversial talks!
- ADMK member ousted for sexual misconduct!
- RTI reveals truth in Rajiv killers plea!