With the Karnataka state assembly election results not ending in favor of either BJP or Congress, as neither of them gained majority seats, the BJP party has now begun its strategies to woo the Lingayat sect MLAs of Congress party to them. With the minimum requirement to form the government by any party being the winning of 112 seats out of the total of 222 constituencies, both the parties are making desperate measures.
While BJP has won 104 seats, Congress has won 78, Janata Dal secular has won 38, while 2 constituencies witnessed independent candidates winning. With congress joining hands with JD and even the 2 independent candidates joining them, the congress alliance now has 118 seats in their belt.
As BS Yedyurappa for BJP and Kumarasamy for the congress-JD alliance have planned to meet the governor, BJP has reportedly planned to lure 8 Lingayat MLAs from congress. It must be noted that despite Sidharamaiah announcing Lingayats as a separate religion prior to elections, the congress party did not receive support of Lingayats. Now with the plan to pull Lingayats, and also to pressurize Congress cadre to not accept Kumarasamy as CM, BJP is making its moves to thwart Congress plans.
Can we know in advance about the condition & intensity of rains? Chennai sources stated that in an effort that could go some way in preparing the people for any imminent threat arising out of the monsoon rains, the State Revenue Department has signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with the National Centre for Coastal Research, to know in advance about the condition and intensity of rains.
- Moon's mediation & Kim's commitment at summit satisfied Washington
- India complaints on Brutal killing of BSF Soldier by Pakistan troopers
- PM Narendra Modi catapults more projects in Varanasi
- Hong Kong based airline painted out error in Company's Name
- Big win for Women Rights activists in Muslim Community in india
- EC yet to come out with poll schedule for Telangana
- UP Govt Doctors to stage protest on October 1
- Is Kapu community is moving away from YCP?