Vijayawada sources added that rescue operations continued on Wednesday in the Godavari River in Andhra Pradesh where over 30 people are feared drowned after a launch capsized last evening. Meanwhile the personnel from the Indian Navy traced the launch which is said to be at a depth of 60 feet. Rescue workers were trying to break open the windows to pull out the bodies.
Meanwhile an official said the teams from the Navy, state disaster management department and the National Disaster Response Force (NDRF) personnel were engaged in the rescue operations. Accordingly they were mobilizing heavy cranes near the shores to retrieve the launch that capsized on Tuesday. Moreover the rescue work, which was halted late on Tuesday due to bad weather, resumed early on Wednesday. Moreover a helicopter was also pressed into service as part of the rescue work.
Media reports to the incident occurred near Manturu in Devipatnam block of
East Godavari district around 5 p.m. As per report the incident came close on
the heels of a boat with over 100 tourists catching fire in the Godavari River
in the same district on May 11. Furthermore the passengers had a narrow escape
as the driver wheeled the boat to the shore and they jumped off before the
entire boat was completely destroyed.
Can Chandrababu Naidu could bring Special Category Status to AP through his National Charisma? Andhra Pradesh sources reported that Chandrababu's presence at the swearing-in ceremony of Kumaraswamy had further embarrassed his political enemy Narendra Modi. Meanwhile in continuation to this, Chandrababu Naidu has now come up with a master-plan to further humiliate Modi-Shah combine. As per report Naidu will be inviting all major national leaders and regional party chiefs to the Dharma Porata Sabha in Amaravati.
- North Korea carried out demolition of its nuclear test site
- Rahul Gandhi dares PM for a fuel challenge
- Blue Methane flames burning in Hawaii Volcano
- Will Tuticorin return back to normalcy by new Collector?
- VIDEO emerged showing inhuman reaction of police in Tuticorin
- BJP has not given up its hopes on Karnataka yet
- CM Palanisamy's said anti social elements took protesters to wrong path
- Is there any master plan behind death of celebrities son?
- Deadly Nipah Virus taken its toll with one more person
- Bollywood pair Ranveer Singh & Deepika Padukone wedding date finalized
- State wide Bandh in Tamilnadu on May 25 in Sterlite issue
- DMK Chief Stalin evicted from Secretariat premises
- Will HD Kumaraswamy bring Karnataka as a model for India?
- Did TDP party planned to attack Pawan Kalyan?
- TDP party strongest party in India