Vijayawada sources added that rescue operations continued on Wednesday in the Godavari River in Andhra Pradesh where over 30 people are feared drowned after a launch capsized last evening. Meanwhile the personnel from the Indian Navy traced the launch which is said to be at a depth of 60 feet. Rescue workers were trying to break open the windows to pull out the bodies.
Meanwhile an official said the teams from the Navy, state disaster management department and the National Disaster Response Force (NDRF) personnel were engaged in the rescue operations. Accordingly they were mobilizing heavy cranes near the shores to retrieve the launch that capsized on Tuesday. Moreover the rescue work, which was halted late on Tuesday due to bad weather, resumed early on Wednesday. Moreover a helicopter was also pressed into service as part of the rescue work.
Media reports to the incident occurred near Manturu in Devipatnam block of
East Godavari district around 5 p.m. As per report the incident came close on
the heels of a boat with over 100 tourists catching fire in the Godavari River
in the same district on May 11. Furthermore the passengers had a narrow escape
as the driver wheeled the boat to the shore and they jumped off before the
entire boat was completely destroyed.
Cyclone Alert over west-central Bay of Bengal: IMD Accordingly a cyclone alert has been issued for the northern coastal region of the state of Andhra Pradesh with the Indian Meteorological Department predicting 'very heavy to extremely heavy' rains in the region. Meanwhile the IMD has stated that depression has formed over west-central Bay of Bengal which could intensify into a cyclonic storm.
- Why BJP spoiled alliance between TDP and TRS?
- Pakistan ready to discuss terrorism, Imran Khan pens PM Modi
- Bilateral dialogue between Washington & Pyongyang stalled on how to move denuclearization process
- Signing up for the credit line to receive Instant access on Flipkart
- Train Services stopped at Kerala, Bengaluru & Coastal Karnataka resumes
- Mis-happening at Jet Airways focus Mumbai to Jaipur
- Police tightens grip on H Raja!
- Karunas blackmails police!
- HAL former chief on Rafel controversy!
- Coimbatore college Managing Director's Cheap act!
- AICC names leaders for 10 election related committees
- Stormy Daniels claimed that US President has 'an unusual penis'
- Can we know in advance about the condition & intensity of rains?
- Moon's mediation & Kim's commitment at summit satisfied Washington
- India complaints on Brutal killing of BSF Soldier by Pakistan troopers