News is spreading like wildfire that BJP's BS Yedyurappa is all set to become the chief minister of Karnataka with the swearing in planned tomorrow. Of the 222 constituencies for which elections have been held, BJP had won 104 seats, Congress 78 and Janata Dal secular has won 38 seats, while 2 independent candidates have also won.
With the requirement to form government being victory in 112 seats, Congress and JDS had formed an alliance to form government. Previously, BJP had also met the governor and sought his approval to form the government. The Rannebennore MLA Sankar has also given his support to BJP, following which Yedyurappa has reported to the governor a letter stating that they have support of 105 candidates.
Though Yedyurappa was seen tensed
after the election results, yesterday after the meeting with the governor, he
was happy. When he was asked if he was asked by governor to swear in as CM, he
said that the announcement will come officially. It must be noted that even
before the elections; BS Yedyurappa had said that he will be sworn in as chief
minister of Karnataka on May 17.
Putin got his view & expressed his view: FBI Chief Washington sources reported that FBI director Christopher Wray said Wednesday that the US intelligence community stands by its view that Russia interfered in the 2016 US election, despite Vladimir Putin's denial this week to President Donald Trump. Wray said when asked about Putin's denial to Trump at their summit in Helsinki "He has got his view, he has expressed his view”.
- Apple crossed $900 billion market capitalization mark last year: CEO Tim Cook
- Illiterate Prisoners becomes Literate in Telangana
- Chief Minister trolls Stalin!
- Chennai high court Chief justice assures severe punishment!
- Speaker accepts No Confidence motion!
- 85% land measured- CM reveals
- TTD in AP reconsidering decision to shut their doors to devotees for 6 days in August
- AP CM Chandrababu always a Hot Cake for National Political Parties
- SHE Team identifies 15 Criminal Cases in 15 Days
- No-Trust motion be debated in Lok Sabha on Friday
- Will AIADMK support TDP in No-Trust Vote?
- Women should be allowed to offer prayers in Sabarimala temple: SC
- Rohit s superlative one day form that earned him a Test call soon
- Sri Lanka temporarily shuts down Facebook after hate speech resulting in mob violence
- What is Non-Confidence Motion? How does it Work?