News is spreading like wildfire that BJP's BS Yedyurappa is all set to become the chief minister of Karnataka with the swearing in planned tomorrow. Of the 222 constituencies for which elections have been held, BJP had won 104 seats, Congress 78 and Janata Dal secular has won 38 seats, while 2 independent candidates have also won.
With the requirement to form government being victory in 112 seats, Congress and JDS had formed an alliance to form government. Previously, BJP had also met the governor and sought his approval to form the government. The Rannebennore MLA Sankar has also given his support to BJP, following which Yedyurappa has reported to the governor a letter stating that they have support of 105 candidates.
Though Yedyurappa was seen tensed
after the election results, yesterday after the meeting with the governor, he
was happy. When he was asked if he was asked by governor to swear in as CM, he
said that the announcement will come officially. It must be noted that even
before the elections; BS Yedyurappa had said that he will be sworn in as chief
minister of Karnataka on May 17.
Will HD Kumaraswamy bring Karnataka as a model for India? Bengaluru sources reported that Karnataka’s new Chief Minister HD Kumaraswamy and Deputy CM G Parameshwara addressed their first press conference after taking oath on the steps of the Vidhana Soudha on Wednesday. Meanwhile JD(S) State President Kumaraswamy, who has taken oath as CM for the second time in his political career, started off by saying that in spite of what he had said before the results about how he would not join hands with either the BJP or Congress, circumstances had changed, pus
- Did TDP party planned to attack Pawan Kalyan?
- TDP party strongest party in India
- NASAs first mission to touch a Star
- US Department of Defense introduced new policy setting more restrictions for cell phones
- Paytm acquired Orbgen Technologies, entity that operates TicketNew, a Chennai based online ticketing platform
- Why Pawan Kalyan touched farmer's feet, responsibility or caring nature?
- Political leaders politicizes whole issue about Tirumala controversy
- Chennai high court orders preservation of bodies!
- Prakashraj condemns TN government!
- Reason behind deaths is BJP not getting support in TN!
- Meghan Markle and the 17 rules!
- Madras HC stayed expansion of Vedanta's copper smelter plant in Tuticorin district
- Telangana BJP Member of Parliament Bandaru Dattatreya's 21 year son died of massive heart attack
- Congress President Okayed Parameshwara as Deputy CM of Karnataka
- Luck favors H.D. Kumaraswamy, again been crowned king by Congress