News is spreading like wildfire that BJP's BS Yedyurappa is all set to become the chief minister of Karnataka with the swearing in planned tomorrow. Of the 222 constituencies for which elections have been held, BJP had won 104 seats, Congress 78 and Janata Dal secular has won 38 seats, while 2 independent candidates have also won.
With the requirement to form government being victory in 112 seats, Congress and JDS had formed an alliance to form government. Previously, BJP had also met the governor and sought his approval to form the government. The Rannebennore MLA Sankar has also given his support to BJP, following which Yedyurappa has reported to the governor a letter stating that they have support of 105 candidates.
Though Yedyurappa was seen tensed
after the election results, yesterday after the meeting with the governor, he
was happy. When he was asked if he was asked by governor to swear in as CM, he
said that the announcement will come officially. It must be noted that even
before the elections; BS Yedyurappa had said that he will be sworn in as chief
minister of Karnataka on May 17.
Hyderabad Police organized Job Connect program to provide job opportunities Accordingly the Falaknuma police in Hyderabad organized a 'Job Connect' program at The Progress High School in Engine Bowli as part of its ‘community policing’ initiative. Meanwhile the police said that a total of 4,200 youth, both men and women holding various educational qualifications, had attended the program held between 9 am and 5 pm.
- GoAir to operate services from Kannur to Muscat from February 28
- Did Sasikala have special privileges in Jail?
- Telangana CM KCR's ideology to make Telangana roads shine like a Mirror
- Lalu Prasad Yadav to get a verdict on January 28!
- H.Raja gets triggered with Stalin speech!
- Dhanush's costar reveals sexual harassment trouble!
- Did Congress MLA gift Mercedes Benz to Siddaramaiah?
- I salute Manohar Parrikar's efforts at work," PM Modi
- Muhurtam for Telangana CM KCR's Chandiyaagam is fixed
- Traffic diversions in Chennai for Republic Day Parade
- UNESCO names Rio De Janeiro as 2020 World's Capital Structure
- Sri Lanka wants to take back all Sri Lankan Tamil refugees in India
- Rythu Bandhu Scheme becomes part of National Agenda of action: Governor E.S.L. Narasimhan
- Maverick director RGV to come up with a creative poster goes Viral
- CM Chandrababu Naidu unveiled NTR statue