The hearing of the Cauvery water management drafting plan had come today in the Supreme Court. Previously, the court in its earlier hearing had said that the decision will be taken soon on whether to accept or reject the Cauvery management draft plan given by the government.
During the hearing today, the Supreme Court bench listened to the arguments of both the state representatives. Post the hearing, the Supreme Court gave out several shocking orders. Firstly, as opposed to government plan, Supreme Court said that the Cauvery management board will be in Delhi and not in Bangalore. This order to form the headquarters of Cauvery management board at Delhi is a favorable thing for Tamilnadu.
With the initial plan to setup the
board in Bengaluru it might have become tough for Tamilnadu representatives to
visit Karnataka. Besides the formation of the Cauvery management board at
Karnataka also meant indirectly that Cauvery belonged to Karnataka. Now this Supreme
Court decision has come as a relief for Tamilnadu.
Will HD Kumaraswamy bring Karnataka as a model for India? Bengaluru sources reported that Karnataka’s new Chief Minister HD Kumaraswamy and Deputy CM G Parameshwara addressed their first press conference after taking oath on the steps of the Vidhana Soudha on Wednesday. Meanwhile JD(S) State President Kumaraswamy, who has taken oath as CM for the second time in his political career, started off by saying that in spite of what he had said before the results about how he would not join hands with either the BJP or Congress, circumstances had changed, pus
- Did TDP party planned to attack Pawan Kalyan?
- TDP party strongest party in India
- NASAs first mission to touch a Star
- US Department of Defense introduced new policy setting more restrictions for cell phones
- Paytm acquired Orbgen Technologies, entity that operates TicketNew, a Chennai based online ticketing platform
- Why Pawan Kalyan touched farmer's feet, responsibility or caring nature?
- Political leaders politicizes whole issue about Tirumala controversy
- Chennai high court orders preservation of bodies!
- Prakashraj condemns TN government!
- Reason behind deaths is BJP not getting support in TN!
- Meghan Markle and the 17 rules!
- Madras HC stayed expansion of Vedanta's copper smelter plant in Tuticorin district
- Telangana BJP Member of Parliament Bandaru Dattatreya's 21 year son died of massive heart attack
- Congress President Okayed Parameshwara as Deputy CM of Karnataka
- Luck favors H.D. Kumaraswamy, again been crowned king by Congress