According to sources presently the Artificial Intelligence (AI) technology is making its presence felt across the spectrum globally, India needs to prioritize AI-based predictive analysis to improve outcomes in three core areas agriculture, healthcare and education, a top Microsoft executive has emphasized.
Meanwhile the initial results in India are promising and if deployed at big scale, AI-based models can help farmers, doctors and educators keep building success stories, Joseph Sirosh, Corporate Vice President of Cloud AI Platform at Microsoft, told "For example, AI can help us foresee signs of a student being at risk of dropping out. We have done first such experiment in Andhra Pradesh involving thousands of students".
Previously in 2017, the Andhra Pradesh government expanded the roll out of
the experiment to all 13 districts in the state. According to Microsoft,
ICRISAT has scaled sowing insights in 2018 to 4,000 farmers across Andhra
Pradesh and Karnataka for the Kharif crop cycle (rainy season). Moreover Sirosh
said "Our partners like TCS, Wipro, Infosys, Cognizant and Accenture are
leaning in and adopting AI and these are exciting times for AI and its real
adoption in the country".
NASAs first mission to touch a Star Washington sources reported that NASA has said When NASA's Parker Solar Probe, humanity's first mission to "touch" a star, launches on July 31, it will carry more than scientific instruments on this historic journey it will also hold more than 1.1 million names submitted by the public to go to the Sun. Meanwhile back in March, NASA invited people around the world to submit their names online to be placed on a microchip aboard its historic Parker Solar Probe. Submissions were accepted till April
- US Department of Defense introduced new policy setting more restrictions for cell phones
- Paytm acquired Orbgen Technologies, entity that operates TicketNew, a Chennai based online ticketing platform
- Why Pawan Kalyan touched farmer's feet, responsibility or caring nature?
- Political leaders politicizes whole issue about Tirumala controversy
- Chennai high court orders preservation of bodies!
- Prakashraj condemns TN government!
- Reason behind deaths is BJP not getting support in TN!
- Meghan Markle and the 17 rules!
- Madras HC stayed expansion of Vedanta's copper smelter plant in Tuticorin district
- Telangana BJP Member of Parliament Bandaru Dattatreya's 21 year son died of massive heart attack
- Congress President Okayed Parameshwara as Deputy CM of Karnataka
- Luck favors H.D. Kumaraswamy, again been crowned king by Congress
- Ramzan Fasting is Dangerous says Danish Minister
- When is Ramadan 2018? All other key details you need to Know
- Major portion of Bosch activities focus on building effective solutions