According to sources presently the Artificial Intelligence (AI) technology is making its presence felt across the spectrum globally, India needs to prioritize AI-based predictive analysis to improve outcomes in three core areas agriculture, healthcare and education, a top Microsoft executive has emphasized.
Meanwhile the initial results in India are promising and if deployed at big scale, AI-based models can help farmers, doctors and educators keep building success stories, Joseph Sirosh, Corporate Vice President of Cloud AI Platform at Microsoft, told "For example, AI can help us foresee signs of a student being at risk of dropping out. We have done first such experiment in Andhra Pradesh involving thousands of students".
Previously in 2017, the Andhra Pradesh government expanded the roll out of
the experiment to all 13 districts in the state. According to Microsoft,
ICRISAT has scaled sowing insights in 2018 to 4,000 farmers across Andhra
Pradesh and Karnataka for the Kharif crop cycle (rainy season). Moreover Sirosh
said "Our partners like TCS, Wipro, Infosys, Cognizant and Accenture are
leaning in and adopting AI and these are exciting times for AI and its real
adoption in the country".
Can we know in advance about the condition & intensity of rains? Chennai sources stated that in an effort that could go some way in preparing the people for any imminent threat arising out of the monsoon rains, the State Revenue Department has signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with the National Centre for Coastal Research, to know in advance about the condition and intensity of rains.
- Moon's mediation & Kim's commitment at summit satisfied Washington
- India complaints on Brutal killing of BSF Soldier by Pakistan troopers
- PM Narendra Modi catapults more projects in Varanasi
- Hong Kong based airline painted out error in Company's Name
- Big win for Women Rights activists in Muslim Community in india
- EC yet to come out with poll schedule for Telangana
- UP Govt Doctors to stage protest on October 1
- Is Kapu community is moving away from YCP?