According to sources under "Admin controls" in Group settings, there's now a control that allows admins to restrict who can change the group's subject, icon and description. Meanwhile a short blurb is found under Group info that allows you to set the purpose, guidelines or topics for the group.
Whatsapp said in a blog post "When a new person joins a group, the description will show up at the top of the chat”. Meanwhile "Group catch up" feature will let users catch up on messages that mention or reply to them by tapping on a new @ button that appears at the bottom right corner of the chat.
The Facebook-owned company said "Admins can now remove admin
permissions of other group participants, and group creators can no longer be
removed from the group they started". Moreover in addition, WhatsApp has
also made it harder for people to be re-added to Groups they have left and
moreover these features are available for Android and iPhone users. Furthermore
groups have been an important part of the WhatsApp experience, whether it's
family members connecting across the globe or childhood friends staying in
touch over the years.
TN Temple authorities asked to issue warnings on their official websites cautioning devotees Chennai sources reported that the Hindu Religious and Charitable Endowments (HR & CE) department has directed its officials to initiate action on private websites or agencies 'swindling' gullible devotees luring them of offering online services on behalf of the department managed temples.
- Former Indian PM Atal Bihari Vajpayee health is Serious, Confirms AIIMS
- AIADMK party hits back at Rajinikanth
- Flood situation in Kerala worsens!
- Former Indian Captain and Chief Selector Ajit Wadekar took his last breath
- PM Narendra Modi invoked Nations Achievement by his speech
- Thiruvananthapuram techno park surrounded by Floods of water
- KSRTC services between Karnataka & Kerala via Salem remain unaffected
- Will EC hold Simultaneous Polls by next year?
- BJP's Rafale deal explanation, and Congress turn!
- Former PM Vajpayee Health turns Critical - Modi visits AIIMS immediately
- Facebook makes it more difficult to run Fake or Compromised Accounts
- Amazon slowly but strongly keeping its Leg in Indian market
- Has Rahul Gandhi married Congress Party?
- Ease of living index based on four parameters
- Indian rupee fell to a record low of 70 against US dollar