As per report award winning writer and journalist Tom Wolfe, who is noted for works like "The Bonfire of the Vanities", "The Right Stuff" and "The Electric Kool-Aid Acid Test" has passed away in the US, he was 88. Meanwhile Wolfe who pioneered "new journalism" passed away in Manhattan on Monday; his agent confirmed the news to the New York Times on Tuesday. He had been hospitalized with an infection.
Accordingly Wolfe, who began working as a journalist for the New York Herald Tribune in 1962, was a pioneer of "new journalism", which melded traditional reporting methods and literary fiction techniques. He was born in Richmond, Virginia, in 1930, Wolfe attended Washington and Lee for undergraduate and Yale for his Ph.D. before moving to New York in the 1960s.
Earlier Wolfe worked as a reporter at the Springfield Union in
Massachusetts and as the Latin American correspondent for the Washington Post. Meanwhile
his first book "The Kandy-Kolored Tangerine-Flake Streamline Baby"
was a collection of essays originally published in Esquire magazine, while the
stories have no connecting theme, this is the first book that gave early
examples of New Journalism. Furthermore Wolfe is survived by his wife, Sheila,
and two children, Alexandra and Tommy.
Which Party will win Higher Percentage in Telangana? According to sources the big question which is doing the rounds is who will benefit from the high poll percentage in Telangana elections this time around? Is it the Telangana Rashtra Samithi (TRS) as the party has been claiming or the Congress, which is equally confident? Presently the TRS feels that it will ride home on the strength of its welfare schemes like Rythu Bandhu and Rythu Bheema, Shaadi mubarak, free power and others.
- Strange case of a damaging goat!
- H Raja again in controversy!
- Ravishankar firm on program plans!
- People against Jayalalitha's memorial!
- Jaipur Princess filed for Divorce
- Bengaluru boy uses Broomstick to beat his Mother
- Ramdas Athawale slapped by 30 old man at a public event in Maharashtra
- KTR openly claims that TRS would return to power with 100 seats
- Will Congress' talks with MIM give an edge?
- World Bank says remittance inflow to India last year was USD 68.9 billion
- Trump's Son in Law had private conversations with Saudi Crown Prince
- Vaiko warned as TN worst affected in India for Mekedatu Project
- Wedding celebrations of Isha Ambani as grand as expected
- Australian Shark trampled a surfer
- World's Largest Arabic Audio Libraries launched in Dubai