Media reports stated that the Finance Ministers of Delhi, Kerala, West Bengal, Andhra Pradesh, Punjab and the Chief Minister of Puducherry will meet President Ram Nath Kovind to complain about the "unfair" terms of reference of the 15th Finance Commission.
Accordingly the Delhi Deputy Chief Minister Manish Sisodia tweeted about the meeting on Wednesday evening. Meanwhile the Finance Ministers of the states and Puducherry Chief Minister V Narayansami met on April 10 and said that they would submit a joint memorandum to the President on the terms of reference of the 15th Finance Commission.
Previously on May 7, at a conclave convened by the Andhra Pradesh
government, finance ministers from 11 states decided to seek President Ram Nath
Kovind's intervention to re-frame them. Moreover the southern states protested
that they would lose out because of the commission's decision to use the 2011
population census instead of 1971 as a basis for devolution of taxes from the
central government to the states, as they had successfully controlled their
Is Anushka Shetty ready to marry a Business Tycoon? According to sources "Wedding bells for Anushka Shetty", is the most discussed topic among the buffs since a long time. Meanwhile every other day we have been hearing reports of Anushka’s marriage and although, several rumors are surfacing that there is a problem with her horoscope and her family members are busy in search Mr. Perfect for her.
- Why Arogyasri Services comes to a halt in AP Hospital from Monday?
- Has Money played major role in Telangana Elections?
- KCRs risky decisions in times are fruitful
- Ranil Wickremesinghe takes oath as Sri Lanka's PM on Sunday
- Why Anushka Shetty missing away from limelight?
- IndiGo Flight from Mumbai to Lucknow grounded due to Bomb Threat
- IFF kick-started in Chennai
- Nepal Govt banned usage of Indian Currency Notes
- Banks be closed for 5 Days due to Merger
- Has Harish Rao's post given by TRS Party Supreme KCR?
- TRS party considering giving a representation to EC regarding symbol issues
- 13 Miners trapped in Coal pit yet to be rescued
- Donald Trump's son-in-law short listed for President's next chief of staff
- Rehana Fathima gets a bail and ban!
- BJP to focus on caste based votes!