Media reports stated that the Finance Ministers of Delhi, Kerala, West Bengal, Andhra Pradesh, Punjab and the Chief Minister of Puducherry will meet President Ram Nath Kovind to complain about the "unfair" terms of reference of the 15th Finance Commission.
Accordingly the Delhi Deputy Chief Minister Manish Sisodia tweeted about the meeting on Wednesday evening. Meanwhile the Finance Ministers of the states and Puducherry Chief Minister V Narayansami met on April 10 and said that they would submit a joint memorandum to the President on the terms of reference of the 15th Finance Commission.
Previously on May 7, at a conclave convened by the Andhra Pradesh
government, finance ministers from 11 states decided to seek President Ram Nath
Kovind's intervention to re-frame them. Moreover the southern states protested
that they would lose out because of the commission's decision to use the 2011
population census instead of 1971 as a basis for devolution of taxes from the
central government to the states, as they had successfully controlled their
AP Chief Secretary in Delhi with Chandrababu Crime Files LV Subrahmaniam who was appointed by the Election Commission against Chandrababu Naidu's wish has become a tormentor of the Caretaker Chief Minister in his final days of the office. He dug all the files pertaining to release of funds to various contractors just before the elections for various works, forcing finance secretary M Ravichandra to go on leave.
- Tirupathi man dies after suicide prank
- Janasena Symbol To Be Changed in Telangana?
- Indian gold medal winner is from a poor family - Her mom doesn't even knows to switch on the TV
- Chandrababu Behind Intermediate Fiasco in Telangana?
- Ambulance Driver loses license for his fraudulent practices
- Khushbu Sundar and Tharoor got Slammed for throwing blame on Modi for everything!
- ISIS involved in Srilanka blasts?
- Why AP Chief Secretary wanted to speak to all Collectors & SPs?
- 15 transgender persons came to vote for LS elections in Kerala
- Tussle between Revenue department officials & TRS chief KCR has gone worse
- Saudi Arabia beheads 37 citizens convicted of terrorism
- History Maker: Pallonji Mistry - Indian Billionaire and Founder of Shapoorji Pallonji Group
- AP recovers melted Gold of lost from Tirupur Crown theft
- Is Jagan favoured more by punters in the state?
- Death toll in Sri Lanka rises as more Tension prevails