Chennai sources have stated that former CM of Tamilnadu J. Jayalalitha's foundation stone was laid for her memorial at Marina Beach, Chennai, on May 7. Presently she currently lies buried next to her mentor and former Tamilnadu Chief Minister MG Ramachandran, and the temporary memorial will be converted to a permanent structure. Meanwhile the proposed structure would be the third memorial along the Marina beach, alongside the Anna Memorial built in memory of former Chief Minister CN Annadurai and the MGR Memorial.
Meanwhile previously On May 16, public interest litigation was filed in the Madras High Court which sought to shift her mortal remains from the beach to a non-coastal area. S Jayaseelan, the advocate who filed the PIL, also asked the court to restrain the Central and state governments from erecting a memorial at the present burial site.
Furthermore the BJP youth wing submitted a petition
to Tamilnadu governor Banwarilal Purohit demanding that Jayalalitha’s memorial
should not be constructed on Marina beach and said that it was unnecessary to
construct a memorial someone charged with corruption, and argued that the state
was already facing a cash crunch.
GMR with Terna to develop International Airport at Greece Hyderabad sources reported that GMR Airports Limited, along with its Greek partner Terna Group, will develop the new international airport of Heraklion at Crete, Greece. Earlier on Friday, the consortium signed a concession agreement for design, construction, financing, operation, maintenance and exploitation of the new airport for a period of 35 years, including five years of its first phase construction.
- CBI & ED likely to issue summons for questioning former ICICI Bank CEO Chanda Kochhar
- SED of Tamilnadu mulling introducing board exams for classes 5 & 8
- Will YS Jagan become CM of AP as per survey?
- BJP leader wants Kanyakumari!
- Viral video of school students in trains!
- Measures were taken to stop water to Pakistan!
- Kamal says Thiruvarur gave family politics!
- Trump made no mention of China or Huawei, steps back from threat of full ban
- Fight between Swiggy & Zomato extends to takeover of Uber Eats
- Summer Season to be hotter than normal in Karnataka
- Congress questions BJP as either PM was completely oblivious to Pulwama attack
- Why Vijayakanth pretty unhappy with BJP-AIADMK response to DMDK ambition?
- YSRCP attacks TDP saying AP has 59 Lakh Fake Voters
- Telangana Govt announces Rs.25 Lakhs to Families of Pulwama attack jawans
- 2019 Elections testing waters for YS Jagan's stamina