Vancouver sources reported that there are serious concerns about the collection of biometric data for Aadhaar cards in India and these must be allayed, a former State Department official who is considered an expert on social media and cyber-crime issues has stressed. Jared Cohen told on the sidelines of the third annual BCTECH Summit here.
Meanwhile Cohen is currently the CEO and Founder of Jigsaw, a Google arm started to tackle threats to online security. Moreover he conceded there are arguments on the merits of the Aadhaar system but there are also concerns that must be addressed.
Cohen did not want to comment on the case before the Supreme Court, whose
constitution bench has reserved judgment in the PIL which wants removal of the
mandatory requirement of Aadhaar for enjoying benefits of government services and
for opening of bank accounts and buying telephone services, among others.
Furthermore Cohen was one of the members of policy planning staff of US
Secretary of State Hillary Clinton. He played a role in helping shape counter-radicalization
strategies and advised on US policy towards Iran and the Middle East.
Is Jagan favoured more by punters in the state? Sources from Amaravathi stated that with exactly one month left for the elections, punters in Andhra Pradesh are now running huge bets on who will win with a great majority between YSR Congress President Y.S. Jaganmohan Reddy or TDP Chief and AP Chief Minister N. Chandrababu Naidu.
- Death toll in Sri Lanka rises as more Tension prevails
- 100 Turmeric Farmers from Telangana and Tamil Nadu to contest as independent from Varanasi Constituency
- BJP Cheap Trick to Defeat Rahul Gandhi in Wayanad
- AP IAS Association Sensing Chandrababu Coming to Power
- Bengaluru, the cheapest Asian City!
- 50:50 chances of Priyanka Gandhi contesting from Varanasi: Sources
- Janasena Damaged TDP in 35 Seats?
- After 14 years this Coimbatore Govt School gets power supply
- Congres Vijender Singh flexes biceps after being asked on BJPs dhai kilo ka haath
- KCR Does Damage Control in Inter Board Fiasco
- JKLF chief Yasin Malik sent to judicial custody till May 24, Mehbooba demands release
- Chandrababu To Unleash Operation Akarsha If Short of Majority
- Never Ever use FREE WIFI anywhere, It's pretty dangerous
- Actor Dileep asks for Stay in Actress Assault case
- Stampede kills 7 people in TN!