The Congress and Janata Dal secular have opposed the appointment of KG Bopiah as the temporary speaker of the assembly. They have said that a case will be filed against the BJP move to appoint Bopiah today in the Supreme Court. With the elections being held for 222 constituencies and with HD Kumarasamy winning in 2 constituencies, only one of those victories was considered, making it to just 221 seats.
To prove majority, BJP which won 104 seats now requires 7 more to prove majority, while Congress - JDS alliance already has a majority with 117 seats. In such a scenario the role of the assembly speaker happens to be crucial. Now, KG Bopiah of BJP has been appointed by the governor Vajubhai vala as the speaker, though initially RV Deshpande from Congress was proposed as the assembly speaker.
Following Vajubhai vala appointing
Bopiah as the speaker, both Congress and JDS have opposed the move and have
said that rules and regulations weren't followed in his appointment. Instead of
choosing the 8 times election winner RV Deshpande, what is the need to choose a
3 time winner Bopiah, questioned Congress members who added that this was a
move to help BJP win the floor test by illegal ways, and that they will fight
Bopiah's appointment as speaker, in the supreme court.
EPS spends 15 crores on ads! Former Tamilnadu chief minister Jayalalitha had won the 2016 elections and became the CM for the second term. However within sometime after swearing in as CM her health was affected and she was admitted to Apollo and was receiving treatment for 75 days and following treatment failure, she had passed away
- Chinnathambi locked in cage!
- No to BJP says Sarathkumar!
- Student thanks minister for slipper
- BIG BREAKING - Supreme court dismisses Vedanta 's plea to reopen #Sterlite plant in Tuticorin
- Cryptocurrency - The basics and all you need to know
- Madras HC orders for no flex boards for Jayalalitha's Birthday
- From March 3, eateries no longer allowed to reuse cooking oil more than 3 times
- New deadline for commissioning Kerala's Vizinjam Port extended to October 2020
- COAI feels new regulations are vague to violate privacy of users
- Overall Vegetable prices in January declined 4.21%
- BJP to make alliance announcement soon: Piyush Goyal
- Priyanka Chopra, Nick had great time on Valentines Day
- Dewan Housing Finance shares slumped to an intraday low of Rs. 103.95
- Ooty Lake to be cleaned soon
- TN soldier's family and village saddened by death!