The Congress and Janata Dal secular have opposed the appointment of KG Bopiah as the temporary speaker of the assembly. They have said that a case will be filed against the BJP move to appoint Bopiah today in the Supreme Court. With the elections being held for 222 constituencies and with HD Kumarasamy winning in 2 constituencies, only one of those victories was considered, making it to just 221 seats.
To prove majority, BJP which won 104 seats now requires 7 more to prove majority, while Congress - JDS alliance already has a majority with 117 seats. In such a scenario the role of the assembly speaker happens to be crucial. Now, KG Bopiah of BJP has been appointed by the governor Vajubhai vala as the speaker, though initially RV Deshpande from Congress was proposed as the assembly speaker.
Following Vajubhai vala appointing
Bopiah as the speaker, both Congress and JDS have opposed the move and have
said that rules and regulations weren't followed in his appointment. Instead of
choosing the 8 times election winner RV Deshpande, what is the need to choose a
3 time winner Bopiah, questioned Congress members who added that this was a
move to help BJP win the floor test by illegal ways, and that they will fight
Bopiah's appointment as speaker, in the supreme court.
Will Chandrababu Naidu attend Court in Babli Case? Dharmabad sources made a statement that in a jolt to Andhra Pradesh CM Nara Chandrababu Naidu and the Dharmbad Court yesterday rejected the recall petition filed by the advocates who represented him. Meanwhile in connection with the Babli project protests case, the Court ordered that Chandrababu, despite being a Chief Minister, should attend the Court proceedings.
- India moving towards 5G: PM Modi
- "Facebook Dating" made available within social networking company's mobile app
- First Indian state to introduce Smart e-Public Distribution System (e-PDS)
- Pawan Kalyan to have 'Gelupu Rotte' to win upcoming general elections in AP
- Ajay Maken left for treatment abroad for his orthopedic ailment
- Trump participates in UNGA events & bilateral meetings from September 24-27
- Will Madras HC hear petitions challenging land acquisition in Chennai-Salem Project?
- BJP leader gets trolled!
- Kausalya consoles Amrutha Varshini!
- Krishnaswamy turns against Karunas!
- Daye suppression isn't the end!
- HD Kumaraswamy meets 3,000 people every week during 'Janata Darshan'
- Muslims across 31 districts of Telangana must get representation in 2018 Elections
- TN Dr. Ambedkar Law University to remove unqualified teaching staff & other staff
- Will Tamilnadu Govt make Helmet compulsory?