The Congress and Janata Dal secular have opposed the appointment of KG Bopiah as the temporary speaker of the assembly. They have said that a case will be filed against the BJP move to appoint Bopiah today in the Supreme Court. With the elections being held for 222 constituencies and with HD Kumarasamy winning in 2 constituencies, only one of those victories was considered, making it to just 221 seats.
To prove majority, BJP which won 104 seats now requires 7 more to prove majority, while Congress - JDS alliance already has a majority with 117 seats. In such a scenario the role of the assembly speaker happens to be crucial. Now, KG Bopiah of BJP has been appointed by the governor Vajubhai vala as the speaker, though initially RV Deshpande from Congress was proposed as the assembly speaker.
Following Vajubhai vala appointing
Bopiah as the speaker, both Congress and JDS have opposed the move and have
said that rules and regulations weren't followed in his appointment. Instead of
choosing the 8 times election winner RV Deshpande, what is the need to choose a
3 time winner Bopiah, questioned Congress members who added that this was a
move to help BJP win the floor test by illegal ways, and that they will fight
Bopiah's appointment as speaker, in the supreme court.
Mahindra & Mahindra rolled out electric 3 wheeler auto rickshaw in Bengaluru According to sources "The 3 wheeler range Treo and Treo Yaari are powered with lithium ion battery, which gives 170 km ride for a single charge, said Mahindra Electric Mobility Ltd Chairman Pawan Goenka on the occasion. Meanwhile the $21 billion Mahindra group has invested Rs 100 crore in setting up a technology plant in the city's southern outskirts, with an installed capacity of 25,000 units per annum to make the e-autos for Karnataka initially.
- Sabarimala Temple Police Officers instructed to follow new Dress Code
- Will Pawan Kalyan contest from Eluru Constituency?
- TN CM announced Rs. 10 lakhs for families of deceased hit by Cyclone Gaja
- California's deadliest wildfires soared to more than 600, Trump to make his visit
- Granddaughter of TDP founder & late Chief Minister NT Rama Rao get TDP ticket
- Will forecast come true for TRS & give KCR another chance to rule Telangana?
- TN govt against Gaja!
- Secret pregnancy revealed by actor!
- Post Gaja, there's another threat!
- Vedaranyam heavily impacted by Gaja!
- Chandrababu Naidu leaving no leaf unturned to take on Modi
- Arvind Kejriwal to campaign in Telangana for AAP candidates
- Wedding Photos of Deepika Padukone & Ranveer Singh leaked out
- Will KTR quit politics, if TRS lost Elections?
- Cyclone Gaja crossed Tamilnadu coast between Nagapattinam & nearby Vedaranniyam