According to sources with the June 12 US-North Korea summit at stake, Trump on Thursday gave Kim two options reach an agreement to denuclearize and remain in power or suffer the fate of Libyan leader Muammar Gaddafi, who was overthrown and murdered by rebels who were supported by a NATO bombing campaign in 2011.
Trump told reporters prior to his meeting with NATO Secretary General Jens Stoltenberg at the White House "If you look at that model with Gaddafi that was a total decimation, we went in there to beat him. Presently that model would take place if we don't make a deal, most likely." The President added but if we make a deal, he thinks Kim Jong-un is going to be very, very happy.
Moreover Trump, however, said that the United
States is not using "the Libyan model" in its negotiations with North
Korea, distancing himself from National Security Adviser John Bolton, who had
explicitly mentioned "the Libya model of 2003-2004" as a basis for
talks with Pyongyang. Furthermore Trump said that if Kim Jong-un agreed to
denuclearize, "he will get protections that would be very strong,"
referring to guarantees for Kim to remain in power. Moreover Trump also
downplayed Pyongyang's threats to pull out of the US-North Korea summit planned
for June 12 in Singapore, saying "North Korea's actually talking to us
about times and everything else as though nothing happened.
Melania Trump explicitly Donald Trump to oust Mira Ricardel Washington sources reported that President Donald Trump was under pressure from his wife, Melania, to fire his deputy national security adviser over what two sources close to the White House said was the way Mrs. Trump's trip to Africa was handled. Accordingly two presidential aides said Trump was considering forcing out deputy national security adviser Mira Ricardel, but as of Tuesday afternoon, the adviser remained in her West Wing office
- Will traffic be ensured safely during rallies & processions?
- Sonali Bandre thanked her Hubby on their wedding day
- Sehwag challenges Kohli can't do it!
- Ice seller tries to commit suicide!
- Rajinikanth's sudden press meet!
- Gaja storm takes extreme speed!
- Pawan Failed to STOP
- Rajinikanth is against PM Narendra Modi
- Wealthy Indian tech arrested for assaulting escort
- Cops shot the guy who killed the Indian student
- Is Chandrababu Naidu & DGPs involved in knife attack on YS Jagan?
- Suzuki Burgman Street scooters ready for launch
- Soorasamharam Event held in a spiritual way at Tiruchendur
- Lives of tribals mean nothing to Chandrababu today: Pawan
- Did Governor E.S.L. Narasimhan brought KCR closer to BJP?