Chennai sources stated that though the Indian Meteorological Department issued an advisory to the state over cyclonic storm ‘Sagar’, regional meteorological centre officials say that the storm is unlikely to affect the weather in Tamilnadu. Meanwhile the IMD issued a warning stating that the cyclonic storm Sagar over the Gulf of Aden would move further west-southwestwards with a speed of 16 kmph and lie centered over the Gulf of Aden about 120 km east-southeast of Aden (Yemen) and 900 km west-southwest of Socotra Islands.
As per report the storm is expected to continue to move west-southwestwards and weaken gradually from May 19, with wind speed 65-75 kmph gusting to 85 kmph during noon on Saturday. However, Director of Area Cyclone Warning Centre, S Balachandran said that the advisory was only a precautionary measure.
Accordingly Tamilnadu coasts are completely safe with no signs of cyclonic
affect in the state and moreover the temperature will remain normal with a
cloudy sky in Chennai and drizzles on the outskirts. Furthermore when agreeing
with regional Met officials, weather blogger Pradeep John said that the IMD has
not warned against venturing off the Indian coast or south east Arabian Sea. Hence,
Sagar will not affect Tamilnadu as it is small in size but packing close to 100
Sakshi Ratings in Election Week Indicate YSR Congress Victory Elections are done and dusted and the Voters' Verdict is sealed in Electronic Voting Machines which will be opened only on May 23rd. The Election Commission even banned the Exit Polls until May 19th which is when the last phase of General Elections will conclude. So, there is absolutely no clue about what is the verdict of the people.
- Good Ratings for Yatra Premiere Worries TDP
- Rapthadu YSRCP MLA as Irrigation Minister and DVR as Speaker?
- Chief Secretary Skips Chandrababu's Review Meetings
- Narendra Modi Saved Chandrababu in IT Grids Case?
- BJP Member says She will change constitution!
- Kamal's apology to buffaloes!
- Kamal Haasan trolled by director!
- 564 wheel chairs used across Nilgiri constituency to help differently-abled voters
- Volunteers encourage people to vote in Mandya
- Tamilnadu recorded 39.49% voting till 1 p.m
- Donald Trump vetoed a bill to end support for Saudi-led war in Yemen
- Tamilnadu records highest voter turnouts among 11 states
- Why IT conducts raids in TN against leaders in opposition to BJP?
- PM Modi calls All Youngsters to polling booths to strengthen democracy
- Tamilnadu interiors to experience heavy rain in next 24 hours