As per report the monsoon rains are set to arrive in India, with Kerala receiving the first showers on May 29. Meanwhile the India Meteorological Department (IMD) said India is set to get a normal monsoon this year, with average rainfall likely to be 97% essential for the economy. Meanwhile this year’s prediction for a normal monsoon by the IMD is the third in succession in the last three years and however, rains had ended below normal last year.
Moreover when commenting on the advance of monsoon over the Andaman Sea, the IMD on Friday said, “The south-west monsoon advances over the Andaman Sea normally around May 20 with a standard deviation of about one week. Furthermore conditions are likely to become favorable for the advance of south-west monsoon into some parts of Andaman Sea and south-east Bay of Bengal around May 23.
Met also said “The southwest monsoon will mark the beginning
of the rainy season as it progresses northward, the heat marred region will
experience relief from scorching summer”. As per report "The southwest
monsoon is expected to set in over Kerala on May 29 with a model error of
plus-minus four days". Further a figure between 96 to 104% is considered
normal monsoon. Monsoon season normally extends from June 1 to September 30.
PM Narendra Modi inaugurated Kundli-Manesar-Palwal (KMP) Expressway in Gurgaon Gurgaon sources stated that inaugurating the expressway, PM Modi said, "It is a significant day for Haryana and it will bring about a transport revolution in the state." Hitting out at the earlier UPA government, PM Modi said that the expressway should have been ready a decade ago, during the Commonwealth Games, but due to corruption, it was delayed.
- Telangana Polls : TRS Vs Mahakutami - Ramana promises Mahakutami will bring down KCR family
- Revanth Ready set to score a hat-trick this time
- Dog meat controversy catches fire!
- CM yet to visit Delta - The reasons?
- People surround ministers in Orathanadu!
- Rain warnings for Delta districts!
- Not mandatory to provide Aadhaar to appear for Neet, UGC & CBSE exams
- TN DMK Party contributes 1 crore towards Cyclone relief activities
- Why Donald Trump stops Military Aid to Pakistan?
- Prabhas is in talks with a motor bike company for endorsement deals
- Major Political Parties in Telangana gearing up for campaigning
- Mickey Mouse character turned 90 on Sunday
- More Rain anticipated in Tamilnadu from November 19
- Cyclone Gaja death toll in TN rose from 33 to 45
- Sirisena dissolved parliament, announced snap polls on January 5, 2019