New Delhi sources have stated that a proposal from the railways is approved, October 2 will not only be celebrated as Rashtriya Swachhta Diwas, but also as 'Vegetarian Day' as a mark of respect to Mahatma Gandhi, India's most-famous ambassador for vegetarianism.
Meanwhile the Railway Board has proposed that no non-vegetarian food will be served to passengers on railway premises on October 2 in 2018, 2019 and 2020 when the central government has planned a special commemoration of the 150th birth anniversary of Mahatma Gandhi, according to a blueprint prepared by it. Meanwhile esides observing 'Vegetarian Day', the railways plans to run a 'special salt rake' from Sabarmati on March 12 to commemorate the Dandi March and 'swachhata express' trains from Sabarmati to various stations connected with Gandhiji.
Moreover according to the Railway Board, its plans
are subject to approval from the Ministry of Culture which is the nodal
ministry for the special commemoration. Furthermore in a circular to all
railway zones last month, the Railway Board said, "October 2, 2018, 2019,
2020 can also be celebrated as a totally vegetarian day when no non-vegetarian
food will be served anywhere on Indian Railways premises and all the railway
staff will be requested to observe the day as Vegetarian Day." Previously
President Ram Nath Kovind chaired the first meeting of the National Committee
for the Commemoration of the 150th birth anniversary of Mahatma Gandhi.
TN BJP Leaders clash within each others It's a huge doubt as to how many are vying to become the Tamilnadu Bjp leader, ousting Tamilisai Soundararajan from that role. Tamilnadu BJP member SV Sekhar has said that if he's given the role of TN BJP President he'll happily accept it and He's ready for that.
- DMK leader involved in accident!
- Tanzania boat accident kills more than 200!
- Pakistan fan sings Indian National anthem!
- AIADMK lawmaker Karunas arrested for making remarks against CM
- 10,000 to participate in Plant based Festival in Beijing
- Pakistan PM disappointed as India cancelled Foreign Minister Level Meet
- Trump administration will revoke work permits to H-4 visa users in 3 months
- Amazon to sell Shampoos, face pack, medicinal products made from Cow Urine & Dung
- 136 people died after a ferry capsized on Lake Victoria, Tanzania
- Karnataka CM Kumaraswamy called for a Revolt against BJP
- Balapur Laddu sets a new Record as it fetches Rs.16.6 Lakhs in Auction!
- TN Govt opened bookings for the online sale of imported sand at Thoothukudi port
- PM Narendra Modi catapulted many projects in Odisha & Chhattisgarh
- Is Chandrababu Naidu elder than PM Modi in politics?
- Will Chandrababu Naidu attend Court in Babli Case?