New Delhi sources have stated that a proposal from the railways is approved, October 2 will not only be celebrated as Rashtriya Swachhta Diwas, but also as 'Vegetarian Day' as a mark of respect to Mahatma Gandhi, India's most-famous ambassador for vegetarianism.
Meanwhile the Railway Board has proposed that no non-vegetarian food will be served to passengers on railway premises on October 2 in 2018, 2019 and 2020 when the central government has planned a special commemoration of the 150th birth anniversary of Mahatma Gandhi, according to a blueprint prepared by it. Meanwhile esides observing 'Vegetarian Day', the railways plans to run a 'special salt rake' from Sabarmati on March 12 to commemorate the Dandi March and 'swachhata express' trains from Sabarmati to various stations connected with Gandhiji.
Moreover according to the Railway Board, its plans
are subject to approval from the Ministry of Culture which is the nodal
ministry for the special commemoration. Furthermore in a circular to all
railway zones last month, the Railway Board said, "October 2, 2018, 2019,
2020 can also be celebrated as a totally vegetarian day when no non-vegetarian
food will be served anywhere on Indian Railways premises and all the railway
staff will be requested to observe the day as Vegetarian Day." Previously
President Ram Nath Kovind chaired the first meeting of the National Committee
for the Commemoration of the 150th birth anniversary of Mahatma Gandhi.
Andhra Man found under Moving Train, Escaped miraculously Watch this VIDEO! As per report a man in Andhra Pradesh who found himself under a moving train had a miraculous escape on Saturday at Anantapur railway station. Meanwhile a video of the man lying down on the railway tracks while the train was seen moving over him has gone viral on social media.
- PM Narendra Modi inaugurated Kundli-Manesar-Palwal (KMP) Expressway in Gurgaon
- Telangana Polls : TRS Vs Mahakutami - Ramana promises Mahakutami will bring down KCR family
- Revanth Ready set to score a hat-trick this time
- Dog meat controversy catches fire!
- CM yet to visit Delta - The reasons?
- People surround ministers in Orathanadu!
- Rain warnings for Delta districts!
- Not mandatory to provide Aadhaar to appear for Neet, UGC & CBSE exams
- TN DMK Party contributes 1 crore towards Cyclone relief activities
- Why Donald Trump stops Military Aid to Pakistan?
- Prabhas is in talks with a motor bike company for endorsement deals
- Major Political Parties in Telangana gearing up for campaigning
- Mickey Mouse character turned 90 on Sunday
- More Rain anticipated in Tamilnadu from November 19
- Cyclone Gaja death toll in TN rose from 33 to 45