BS Yeddyurappa and Sriramulu, who had both contested and won the Karnataka state assembly elections, have both resigned their MP posts, leading to the BJP losing their majority in the parliament. With the Karnataka assembly elections announced to have BJP winning 104 seats, and with 7 seats short of majority, the party withdrew by itself even without the floor test taking place, and BS Yeddyurappa resigned his CM Post yesterday.
On Wednesday, HD Kumarasamy of the Congress - JDS alliance is all set to be sworn in as the CM of Karnataka. When BJP had formed a government at the centre, they had 282 seats, and formed the rule with majority after 30 years. However, they had been constantly losing majority with losses in state assembly elections, with the recent being the losses in Uttar Pradesh.
With BJP having 273 seats in
parliament till yesterday, and the requirement being 272 seats for majority,
Yeddyurappa and Sriramulu resigned from their MP posts, leading to BJP strength
getting reduced to 271 inclusive of the speaker. With the elections not
being nearby as well, BJP has lost its majority in the parliament, aiming at
the Karnataka state victory. However, there may not be any chances of a no
confidence motion this time, say political analysts.
60 Lakhs For Every Jagan's Hyderabad Visit for Cases? Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister YS Jagan Mohan Reddy is demanding a permanent exemption from personal appearance in the cases in which he is the prime accused. The arguments on this petition have finished the other day and the CBI court posted the judgment to November 1st.
- Will Mother Dairy sell tomatoes at Rs.55 per Kg or below?
- CM Jagan's focus is to make AP healthier
- Kerala's Kairali TV launches Jolly murder case as Solly serial killer
- NASA makes record with 2 Women astronaut spacewalk for first time
- PM Modi expressed confidence that BJP will break all victory records in Maharashtra Assembly elections
- SC reserved judgment on bail plea of P Chidambaram
- Madras HC reserves order in the release of Bigil
- Some iconic faces who will be contesting Maharashtra Assembly election 2019
- Botsa Satyanarayan feels APs new Capital to be built based on public opinion
- Karnataka ranked as Most Innovative state in India
- Why Sonia Gandhi cancelled Haryana rally?
- Internet crazy over Viral letter exchanged between US & Turkey
- Why didn't RTC Management or Telangana Govt call RTC Employees for talks?
- Muslim parties accused SC appointed mediation panel of leaking proceedings in Ayodhya Case
- BJP confident in winning Maharashtra Assembly Elections with full majority