BS Yeddyurappa and Sriramulu, who had both contested and won the Karnataka state assembly elections, have both resigned their MP posts, leading to the BJP losing their majority in the parliament. With the Karnataka assembly elections announced to have BJP winning 104 seats, and with 7 seats short of majority, the party withdrew by itself even without the floor test taking place, and BS Yeddyurappa resigned his CM Post yesterday.
On Wednesday, HD Kumarasamy of the Congress - JDS alliance is all set to be sworn in as the CM of Karnataka. When BJP had formed a government at the centre, they had 282 seats, and formed the rule with majority after 30 years. However, they had been constantly losing majority with losses in state assembly elections, with the recent being the losses in Uttar Pradesh.
With BJP having 273 seats in
parliament till yesterday, and the requirement being 272 seats for majority,
Yeddyurappa and Sriramulu resigned from their MP posts, leading to BJP strength
getting reduced to 271 inclusive of the speaker. With the elections not
being nearby as well, BJP has lost its majority in the parliament, aiming at
the Karnataka state victory. However, there may not be any chances of a no
confidence motion this time, say political analysts.
Telangana polls reflected the paradox of perceptions of rural & urban voters Accordingly united Adilabad, which is considered to be an economically and socially backward district, in Telangana has recorded the highest polling percentage in the state at 75.6%. Meanwhile on the other hand, the most urban district of the state, Hyderabad, has unfortunately recorded a polling percentage
- Congress Spokesperson attacked Yogi Adithyanath
- Vijay Fans assaulted Members of AIADMK
- Is Prabhas going to participate in Koffee with Karan?
- Ozone Layer is on safer side
- TRS Party Leading in Exit Poll Survey
- Why Chandrababu who played crucial role in Telangana elections is tight-lipped?
- Why voting percentage in Hyderabad city is quite low as general election?
- PM Narendra Modi asked OPEC nations to Price Crude at reasonable rates
- Facebook to defend against foreign interference ahead of 2019 LS polls in India
- Telangana Laborers traveled 100 Kilometers to Vote
- Gadkari faints on stage!
- Hyderabad Badminton Player felt her name not in Voters List
- Will Actress Madhuri Dixit contest in favor of BJP for 2019 Lok Sabha Polls?
- Madras HC to consider Duraimurugan's Passport Application
- Why Trump unwelcomed in Bush's Funeral?