BS Yeddyurappa and Sriramulu, who had both contested and won the Karnataka state assembly elections, have both resigned their MP posts, leading to the BJP losing their majority in the parliament. With the Karnataka assembly elections announced to have BJP winning 104 seats, and with 7 seats short of majority, the party withdrew by itself even without the floor test taking place, and BS Yeddyurappa resigned his CM Post yesterday.
On Wednesday, HD Kumarasamy of the Congress - JDS alliance is all set to be sworn in as the CM of Karnataka. When BJP had formed a government at the centre, they had 282 seats, and formed the rule with majority after 30 years. However, they had been constantly losing majority with losses in state assembly elections, with the recent being the losses in Uttar Pradesh.
With BJP having 273 seats in
parliament till yesterday, and the requirement being 272 seats for majority,
Yeddyurappa and Sriramulu resigned from their MP posts, leading to BJP strength
getting reduced to 271 inclusive of the speaker. With the elections not
being nearby as well, BJP has lost its majority in the parliament, aiming at
the Karnataka state victory. However, there may not be any chances of a no
confidence motion this time, say political analysts.
Pandya injured - Damage for India? During the Asia cup match between India and Pakistan held yesterday at Dubai, Indian had lost the toss, and Pakistan batted first. Yesterday, India had played against Hong Kong, and had won the match in a thrilling way after Hong Kong failed to capitalize on the great start they had as they lost by 26 runs. While India had limped to win yesterday, people were keen on what India is gonna do against a strong Pakistan team.
- Hima Das name nominated for Arjuna Award
- Korean Presidents signs agreement to Ease Tension
- Ambati questioned Chandrababu's motive behind involving in affairs of TRS party
- Stormy Daniels provides a graphic description of Trump's genitalia
- Rahul Gandhi called Congress Workers been Lathi charged as "dictatorship under PM Modi"
- Saudi Arabia auctions real estates of billionaire Maan al-Sanea
- In 2019 Lok Sabha polls, people will defeat BJP: Mamata Banerjee
- MK Stalin launched scathing attack on Edappadi Palaniswami leveling corruption charges