Hyderabad sources reported that Telangana Water Resources Development Corporation Chairman V Prakash Rao told reporters that the 'National Convention on Rejuvenation of the Krishna River', IWC's first event, will see participation of over 300 delegates of government organizations from various states and NGOs, including Rajendra Singh, known as 'Waterman of India'.
Earlier the Indian Water Council was formed last month in Rajasthan. Meanwhile Rao said the state government has started an initiative to rejuvenate the river by involving government organizations from Krishna river basin states of Maharashtra, Andhra Pradesh, Karnataka and Telangana and several NGOs. He said "There are plans to take up several works in the next 10 years to rejuvenate the river and the convention is the first step towards this".
Prakash said among focus areas for discussions would be arresting flow of
pollutants into the river, creating awareness among farmers to avoid taking up
paddy crop, besides issues of over extraction and encroachments. He added
"There are plans for a forestation and to set up committees in villages to
create awareness among people and farmers on ways to recharge ground water
along Krishna and do all this by involving different organizations, including
NGOs like Indian Water Council, Walk for Water, Jal Biradari".
Finance Minister announced Merger of 3 Banks According to report in a reform measure aimed at further consolidation, the government on Monday announced the merger of three state run banks Dena Bank, Vijaya Bank and the Bank of Baroda that will make it the country's third largest bank with a combined business of Rs.14.82 lakh crore.
- Who is Country's Highest Earning MLA?
- North & South Korean Leaders Meet at Pyongyang
- Guys involved in Controversial WhatsApp chat to kill Defense Minister held
- Centre's decision to ban 328 FDC drugs brought 6,000 medicines on radar
- Migrants figures shown a negative growth of 11.6% from Kerala
- Uber's Food delivery launched Insurance Program in partnership with Tata AIG
- Investigation about Sewing Needle hidden in Strawberries
- Karnataka Govt reduced state taxes on petrol & diesel
- Is YS Jagan caught in a trap?
- Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh testifies hearing before Senate Judiciary Committee
- Major Fire Accident at Kanya Cinema Theater, Visakhapatnam
- T Rajendar coming to Thiruvarur?
- Auto driver attacked for questioning BJP leader on Petrol price hike!
- Yet again Petrol Price goes up...
- Case against Thirumurugan Gandhi dismissed!