Beijing sources reported that a Chinese university has apologized and lifted a ban on girls wearing miniskirts and hot pants in the library, revoking a regulation imposed over a student’s complaint that such clothes were “harmful to the study atmosphere and are a form of sexual harassment”. Recently the cancelled regulation had banned girl students from wearing pants or skirts shorter than 50 centimeters.
Meanwhile the regulation came into effect after a complaint was filed by a male student, alleging miniskirts were “harmful to the study atmosphere and are a form of sexual harassment”. Accordingly miniskirts and hot pants may be worn at the library, the university said in a statement after revoking the regulation that had banned them.
State-run Global Times quoted the Human Agricultural University statement
as saying “We apologize for the confusion and inconvenience brought by our
recent work". Moreover it is now fine for students to wear fashionable
clothes as long as they are not solely wearing briefs, an unnamed staff member
at the library of Human Agricultural University said. A net user posted on Sina
Weibo, which is akin to micro-blogging site twitter “Sexual harassment means
that you need to make an unwelcome sexual invitation".
CBI & ED likely to issue summons for questioning former ICICI Bank CEO Chanda Kochhar According to report CBI sources said former ICICI Bank CEO and MD Chanda Kochhar, her husband Deepak Kochhar and industrialist V.N. Dhoot in connection with the Rs 3,250 crore loan case involving the Videocon Group and ICICI Bank. Meanwhile the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) sources said the agency would initiate the summons as it had completed the scrutiny of documents
- SED of Tamilnadu mulling introducing board exams for classes 5 & 8
- Will YS Jagan become CM of AP as per survey?
- BJP leader wants Kanyakumari!
- Viral video of school students in trains!
- Measures were taken to stop water to Pakistan!
- Kamal says Thiruvarur gave family politics!
- Trump made no mention of China or Huawei, steps back from threat of full ban
- Fight between Swiggy & Zomato extends to takeover of Uber Eats
- Summer Season to be hotter than normal in Karnataka
- Congress questions BJP as either PM was completely oblivious to Pulwama attack
- Why Vijayakanth pretty unhappy with BJP-AIADMK response to DMDK ambition?
- YSRCP attacks TDP saying AP has 59 Lakh Fake Voters
- Telangana Govt announces Rs.25 Lakhs to Families of Pulwama attack jawans
- 2019 Elections testing waters for YS Jagan's stamina
- Animosity between AP people & Central government out in the open