Beijing sources reported that a Chinese university has apologized and lifted a ban on girls wearing miniskirts and hot pants in the library, revoking a regulation imposed over a student’s complaint that such clothes were “harmful to the study atmosphere and are a form of sexual harassment”. Recently the cancelled regulation had banned girl students from wearing pants or skirts shorter than 50 centimeters.
Meanwhile the regulation came into effect after a complaint was filed by a male student, alleging miniskirts were “harmful to the study atmosphere and are a form of sexual harassment”. Accordingly miniskirts and hot pants may be worn at the library, the university said in a statement after revoking the regulation that had banned them.
State-run Global Times quoted the Human Agricultural University statement
as saying “We apologize for the confusion and inconvenience brought by our
recent work". Moreover it is now fine for students to wear fashionable
clothes as long as they are not solely wearing briefs, an unnamed staff member
at the library of Human Agricultural University said. A net user posted on Sina
Weibo, which is akin to micro-blogging site twitter “Sexual harassment means
that you need to make an unwelcome sexual invitation".
Infosys co-founder awarded honorary degree of Doctor of Science by University of London Reportedly Infosys co-founder Narayana Murthy on Friday was awarded the honorary degree of Doctor of Science (Honoris Causa) by Royal Holloway, University of London, for his outstanding contribution to the field of Computer Science and the role model he represents in India and on the global stage.
- Holiday declared for all schools & colleges in Karnataka today due to Heavy Rain
- 4 Dams shutters opened in Kerala due to heavy rain
- To boost MSME CM Jagan launched "YSR Navodayam"
- Telangana ACB looks into ESI Medicine supplies scam
- PM Modi had asked people to send their ideas for his Independence speech
- 3 Day heavy rain warning given to Telangana: IMD
- Who is role model in AP?
- Will Anna Canteen workers be paid their salary?
- Your Porn viewing habits tracked by Google & Facebook
- Heavy Rain lashing Kerala
- AP state Govt Employees to get 30% HRA
- WB decided not to fund Amaravati Sustainable Capital City Development Project
- Central Government Behind World Bank Refusing Loan for Amaravati?
- Edappadi announced 2 New Districts for Tamilnadu
- Complaints Against Bigg Boss 3 Reaches Delhi