Beijing sources reported that a Chinese university has apologized and lifted a ban on girls wearing miniskirts and hot pants in the library, revoking a regulation imposed over a student’s complaint that such clothes were “harmful to the study atmosphere and are a form of sexual harassment”. Recently the cancelled regulation had banned girl students from wearing pants or skirts shorter than 50 centimeters.
Meanwhile the regulation came into effect after a complaint was filed by a male student, alleging miniskirts were “harmful to the study atmosphere and are a form of sexual harassment”. Accordingly miniskirts and hot pants may be worn at the library, the university said in a statement after revoking the regulation that had banned them.
State-run Global Times quoted the Human Agricultural University statement
as saying “We apologize for the confusion and inconvenience brought by our
recent work". Moreover it is now fine for students to wear fashionable
clothes as long as they are not solely wearing briefs, an unnamed staff member
at the library of Human Agricultural University said. A net user posted on Sina
Weibo, which is akin to micro-blogging site twitter “Sexual harassment means
that you need to make an unwelcome sexual invitation".
Finance Minister announced Merger of 3 Banks According to report in a reform measure aimed at further consolidation, the government on Monday announced the merger of three state run banks Dena Bank, Vijaya Bank and the Bank of Baroda that will make it the country's third largest bank with a combined business of Rs.14.82 lakh crore.
- Who is Country's Highest Earning MLA?
- North & South Korean Leaders Meet at Pyongyang
- Guys involved in Controversial WhatsApp chat to kill Defense Minister held
- Centre's decision to ban 328 FDC drugs brought 6,000 medicines on radar
- Migrants figures shown a negative growth of 11.6% from Kerala
- Uber's Food delivery launched Insurance Program in partnership with Tata AIG
- Investigation about Sewing Needle hidden in Strawberries
- Karnataka Govt reduced state taxes on petrol & diesel
- Is YS Jagan caught in a trap?
- Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh testifies hearing before Senate Judiciary Committee
- Major Fire Accident at Kanya Cinema Theater, Visakhapatnam
- T Rajendar coming to Thiruvarur?
- Auto driver attacked for questioning BJP leader on Petrol price hike!
- Yet again Petrol Price goes up...
- Case against Thirumurugan Gandhi dismissed!