The legendary actor Kamal Hassan's political party Makkal Needhi Maiam is all set to face a test, as the election commission has given out a notification stating that anyone opposing the recognition of MNM as a political party can file their disagreement before May 31.
Ulaganayagan Kamal Hassan, had been very vocal about the functioning of the TN Government and had been hinting of a political entry always, He had finally announced his political party Makkal needhi Maiam on a event held on February 21, and had also announced his party symbol and unveiled its flag. Following this, the actor had applied to the election commission for registration of MNM as a political party, and also its symbol, in the month of March.
Now, the Election commission has
looked into and processed the petition and has now given a notification.
According to the notification of the election commission, anyone opposing the
recognition of Makkal Needhi Maiam as a political party can file their
opposition petition before May 31. The notification has been published in
newspapers, as per the election commission directives.
Karnataka CM Kumaraswamy called for a Revolt against BJP As per report a day after Karnataka Chief Minister HD Kumaraswamy called for a “revolt” against the BJP in Karnataka, BJP MP Sadananda Gowda and a delegation of the party’s leaders met with Governor Vajubhai Vala and submitted a memorandum requesting legal action to be taken against him.
- Balapur Laddu sets a new Record as it fetches Rs.16.6 Lakhs in Auction!
- TN Govt opened bookings for the online sale of imported sand at Thoothukudi port
- PM Narendra Modi catapulted many projects in Odisha & Chhattisgarh
- Is Chandrababu Naidu elder than PM Modi in politics?
- Will Chandrababu Naidu attend Court in Babli Case?
- India moving towards 5G: PM Modi
- "Facebook Dating" made available within social networking company's mobile app
- First Indian state to introduce Smart e-Public Distribution System (e-PDS)
- Pawan Kalyan to have 'Gelupu Rotte' to win upcoming general elections in AP
- Ajay Maken left for treatment abroad for his orthopedic ailment
- Trump participates in UNGA events & bilateral meetings from September 24-27
- Will Madras HC hear petitions challenging land acquisition in Chennai-Salem Project?
- BJP leader gets trolled!
- Kausalya consoles Amrutha Varshini!
- Krishnaswamy turns against Karunas!