Chennai sources reported that in the wake of neighboring state Kerala reporting several deaths due to Nipah virus in Kozhikode district, the Tamilnadu health department sounded an alert for bordering districts of Kerala intensifying monitoring of fever cases in Kanyakumari, Coimbatore, Nilgiris and Tirunelveli. Meanwhile the state health department alerted the deputy directors of public health and collectors of the bordering districts to ensure that there is no epidemic outbreak in Tamilnadu.
Accordingly State health secretary J. Radhakrishnan told reporters that Tamilnadu health department is in constant touch with the Kerala health department on the incidence of Nipah virus. He said “We have cautioned all the district health ministry’s to be on an alert and keep a check on any symptoms of the dreaded virus and not to panic or be anxious as the cases have not been reported in Tamilnadu so far, the awareness and alert is a precautionary measure".
According to World Health Organization the natural hosts of the Nipah
virus (NiV) are fruit bats that affect humans and animals like pigs and other
domestic animals. Moreover the primary treatment for the virus infection in
case of human is intensive supportive care.
India moving towards 5G: PM Modi New Delhi sources stated that Prime Minister Narendra Modi said the country’s telecom sector has revived from its period of “darkness” and are among the fastest growing sectors in the country. Meanwhile when speaking at the foundation stone laying ceremony of the India International Convention and Expo Centre here
- "Facebook Dating" made available within social networking company's mobile app
- First Indian state to introduce Smart e-Public Distribution System (e-PDS)
- Pawan Kalyan to have 'Gelupu Rotte' to win upcoming general elections in AP
- Ajay Maken left for treatment abroad for his orthopedic ailment
- Trump participates in UNGA events & bilateral meetings from September 24-27
- Will Madras HC hear petitions challenging land acquisition in Chennai-Salem Project?
- BJP leader gets trolled!
- Kausalya consoles Amrutha Varshini!
- Krishnaswamy turns against Karunas!
- Daye suppression isn't the end!
- HD Kumaraswamy meets 3,000 people every week during 'Janata Darshan'
- Muslims across 31 districts of Telangana must get representation in 2018 Elections
- TN Dr. Ambedkar Law University to remove unqualified teaching staff & other staff
- Will Tamilnadu Govt make Helmet compulsory?
- Cyclone Alert over west-central Bay of Bengal: IMD