Chennai sources reported that in the wake of neighboring state Kerala reporting several deaths due to Nipah virus in Kozhikode district, the Tamilnadu health department sounded an alert for bordering districts of Kerala intensifying monitoring of fever cases in Kanyakumari, Coimbatore, Nilgiris and Tirunelveli. Meanwhile the state health department alerted the deputy directors of public health and collectors of the bordering districts to ensure that there is no epidemic outbreak in Tamilnadu.
Accordingly State health secretary J. Radhakrishnan told reporters that Tamilnadu health department is in constant touch with the Kerala health department on the incidence of Nipah virus. He said “We have cautioned all the district health ministry’s to be on an alert and keep a check on any symptoms of the dreaded virus and not to panic or be anxious as the cases have not been reported in Tamilnadu so far, the awareness and alert is a precautionary measure".
According to World Health Organization the natural hosts of the Nipah
virus (NiV) are fruit bats that affect humans and animals like pigs and other
domestic animals. Moreover the primary treatment for the virus infection in
case of human is intensive supportive care.
Hearing in Sunanda Pushkar death case began on February 21 Sources from New Delhi made a statement that Congress MP and Sunanda Pushkar’s husband Shashi Tharoor has been charged as the key accused, with the prosecution booking him under IPC sections 498A (subjecting wife to cruelty) and 306 (abetment to suicide) was present in the court. Meanwhile police have asked 10 days' time from the court to argue on charges leveled against Shashi Tharoor.
- Will Captain Vijayakanth take alliance decision soon?
- Funny!!! Vietnam Barber expert in Trump & Kim Hairstyles
- How Chennai Swiggy Customer gets order delivery from Rajasthan?
- Tiktok committed to safe & positive in-app environment for users in India
- TN Govt plans to introduce Board Exams for Class 5 & 8
- Guntur District farmer committed suicide, doubts raised
- UK no longer preferred market for Indian investment due to Brexit factor
- Pakistan Cricketers portrait removed from HPCA
- From a farmer's son to People's Hero - Dr. Koti Reddy Saripalli
- DMK Congress deal soon!
- What's the problem for DMDK?
- India receives support from Israel!
- Public shocked after tremors in Delhi!
- APTA achieved India Book of record by making longest bamboo chicken in India
- Budget of Rs 3,116 crore for 2019-20 unveiled by TTD