Tuticorin sources stated that a managed around 50 year old was reportedly killed in the violence that erupted near the Tuticorin district collectorate on Tuesday when anti-Sterlite protesters defied a ban order under Section 144 of the CrPC and continued their protest march. Meanwhile the protesters are demanding closure of the Sterlite Copper Smelter located near the town. Accordingly the person killed in the violence has been identified as Tamilarasan who was associated with an organization called Puratchikara Ilaignar Munnani.
For the past 100 days the residents of Tuticorin town have been demanding closure of the Sterlite plant and had announced they would take out a march to the Tuticorin District Collectorate on Tuesday, and meet the collector N Venkatesh. Furthermore the protesting public gathered for a black flag protest near the Church of the Lady of Snow in Tuticorin, while another group started to march from Madathur village.
Media report stated that police first resorted to lathi charge and then
fired teargas shells along the route to the collectorate and inside the
premises, the destination of the protest march. Further the vehicles on the
route of the march were set on fire during the protest. Employees of the
collector’s office were evacuated as the protests intensified. Moreover as the
situation went out of control, more than 2,000 police personnel from the
southern districts of Madurai, Ramanathapuram, Theni, Dindigul were deployed to
Will AP Auto Drivers be paid Rs.10000 Per Year? Amaravathi sources stated that in response to queries, related to the welfare of auto drivers, posed by the Assembly members in the AP Budget Session on the fourth day, Minister for Transport, Information, and Public Relations, Perni Nani said that Rs 400 Crore was allocated as part of the Budget for their benefit.
- New Governor appointed for AP
- No break in Darshans in Tirumala Tirupathi: Chairman
- Last date for filing I-T return for 2018-19 is July 31, Have you filed?
- WB released $250 Million for post flood construction work for Kerala
- Few places of Chennai received heavy Rainfall
- SBI fined for violating asset classification norms: RBI
- Kia Seltos CEOs Letter raises Trolling & Criticism
- Opposition Parties meets Governor regarding construction of New Telangana Secretariat
- BJP MLA's daughter and her Husband on the run since they announced their marriage
- Is Saravana Bhavan Hotel owner suffering from heart ailment?
- Widespread criticism raised in Chandrayaan 2 issue
- Why this BJP MLA criticizes Muslims?
- Ravi Prakash's Future Plan Announcement in August
- YS Jagan constituted Cabinet Sub-Committee to review PPAs
- Hyderabad Woman jumped from 4th floor with 3 year kid