Tuticorin sources stated that a managed around 50 year old was reportedly killed in the violence that erupted near the Tuticorin district collectorate on Tuesday when anti-Sterlite protesters defied a ban order under Section 144 of the CrPC and continued their protest march. Meanwhile the protesters are demanding closure of the Sterlite Copper Smelter located near the town. Accordingly the person killed in the violence has been identified as Tamilarasan who was associated with an organization called Puratchikara Ilaignar Munnani.
For the past 100 days the residents of Tuticorin town have been demanding closure of the Sterlite plant and had announced they would take out a march to the Tuticorin District Collectorate on Tuesday, and meet the collector N Venkatesh. Furthermore the protesting public gathered for a black flag protest near the Church of the Lady of Snow in Tuticorin, while another group started to march from Madathur village.
Media report stated that police first resorted to lathi charge and then
fired teargas shells along the route to the collectorate and inside the
premises, the destination of the protest march. Further the vehicles on the
route of the march were set on fire during the protest. Employees of the
collector’s office were evacuated as the protests intensified. Moreover as the
situation went out of control, more than 2,000 police personnel from the
southern districts of Madurai, Ramanathapuram, Theni, Dindigul were deployed to
Bilateral dialogue between Washington & Pyongyang stalled on how to move denuclearization process Washington sources reported that Secretary of State Mike Pompeo set a deadline by which North Korea must denuclearize, saying that the process must be completed by January 2021, when President Donald Trump's current term would end. Meanwhile in a statement, Pompeo also expressed his desire to meet with his North Korean counterpart, Ri Yong-ho, next week in New York during the United Nations General Assembly.
- Signing up for the credit line to receive Instant access on Flipkart
- Train Services stopped at Kerala, Bengaluru & Coastal Karnataka resumes
- Mis-happening at Jet Airways focus Mumbai to Jaipur
- Police tightens grip on H Raja!
- Karunas blackmails police!
- HAL former chief on Rafel controversy!
- Coimbatore college Managing Director's Cheap act!
- AICC names leaders for 10 election related committees
- Stormy Daniels claimed that US President has 'an unusual penis'
- Can we know in advance about the condition & intensity of rains?
- Moon's mediation & Kim's commitment at summit satisfied Washington
- India complaints on Brutal killing of BSF Soldier by Pakistan troopers
- PM Narendra Modi catapults more projects in Varanasi
- Hong Kong based airline painted out error in Company's Name
- Big win for Women Rights activists in Muslim Community in india