The carelessness and the irresponsibility of the government are the main reasons for the mistakes happening in the state, opined actor and chief of Makkal Needhi Maiam Kamal Hassan, during a press interaction where he had condemned the shooting of innocents in Thoothukudi. As the protest of public of Thoothukudi against Sterlite and demanding its ban reached its 100th day, violence erupted.
Following the unexpected violence in the protest, the cops resorted to usage of even more violent ways, as they shot dead more than 13 innocent protesters. Many other common public were brutally attacked and are admitted in hospitals with life threatening injuries. The whole of Thoothukudi city is in tense situation as to when and where attacks might happen, and whom the police might kill next.
In such a situation, Makkal Needhi
Maiam president Kamal Hassan has condemned the attacks on people and their
killing, while questioning, who gave the rights to kill people who came to
protest. He said that the irresponsible and inefficient government had ignored
people when they protested peacefully, and added that citizens are not to be
blamed, but they lose lives every time - earlier because of a factory, now
because of a government shooting order.
Will Tamilnadu Govt make Helmet compulsory? Chennai sources stated that pointing out that the state government is not serious on implementing its own order making wearing of helmets by two-wheeler riders and pillion riders compulsory, Madras high court has directed the state government to sensitize people of the benefits and law regarding wearing of helmet by riders and pillion riders, and the consequence of breach of the mandate.
- Cyclone Alert over west-central Bay of Bengal: IMD
- Why BJP spoiled alliance between TDP and TRS?
- Pakistan ready to discuss terrorism, Imran Khan pens PM Modi
- Bilateral dialogue between Washington & Pyongyang stalled on how to move denuclearization process
- Signing up for the credit line to receive Instant access on Flipkart
- Train Services stopped at Kerala, Bengaluru & Coastal Karnataka resumes
- Mis-happening at Jet Airways focus Mumbai to Jaipur
- Police tightens grip on H Raja!
- Karunas blackmails police!
- HAL former chief on Rafel controversy!
- Coimbatore college Managing Director's Cheap act!
- AICC names leaders for 10 election related committees
- Stormy Daniels claimed that US President has 'an unusual penis'
- Can we know in advance about the condition & intensity of rains?
- Moon's mediation & Kim's commitment at summit satisfied Washington