In the protests held by innocent protesters in Thoothukudi demanding the permanent shutdown of the killer factory Sterlite copper owned by the giant corporate Vedanta groups, the police had killed more than 20 people in firing incidents twice, including deaths of 3 women as well. The people had thronged to the Thoothukudi collector office in large numbers, following which the collectorate was surrounded by them.
Police had initially confronted them with Lathi charges, and then finally resorted to Gun firing after the collector had issued firing orders. Many vehicles in the collector office were burnt, and the whole office was destroyed by the angry protesters who were further angered by the death of a civilian. The police had attacked even the media people, and even the housing board of Sterlite employees was damaged and set to fire.
Other than the shooting at the
collector office, the police had also resorted to firing at Terespuram, when
they tried to surround the SP office. Without caring about the lives of people
of Thoothukudi, the Chief Minister Edappadi Palanisamy had been announcing
relief of 1 lakh, 3 lakhs for injured and 10 lakhs for the families of the
deceased. All the trains from Tuticorin have been cancelled.
Anna University Exams postponed to December 13, 14 due to Cyclone Gaja Recently Anna University has announced that theory examinations scheduled for Friday will now be conducted on December 13. As per report the University has also postponed examinations scheduled for November 17 to December 14 and the examinations have been rescheduled on account of Cyclone Gaja, which hit the coastal areas in Tamilnadu on Friday.
- Mobile app to track air pollution developed by Delhi students
- PM Narendra Modi campaigned at Chhattisgarh
- Congress privilege motion against Modi!
- Yogi Adityanath's hug challenge!
- Hyderabad Metro recording footfall of 80,000-85,000 passengers per day
- Controversial Ad of Kalyan Jewelry removed
- Donald Trump unlikely to get boot from Twitter even after threatening Iran
- Pack your Condoms too if you are going on a Tour of France - Here's Why...
- US Officials apologize to Sikh Minister as they forced to remove his Turban
- Two-Wheeler owners to get incentives?
- Leaders can take a lesson or two to watch KTR & Pawan words in public
- Iraqi Airways suspend 2 pilots who fought for food tray
- AP Govt taken a sensational decision restricting CBI's entry into AP
- Mahindra & Mahindra rolled out electric 3 wheeler auto rickshaw in Bengaluru
- Sabarimala Temple Police Officers instructed to follow new Dress Code