In the protests held by innocent protesters in Thoothukudi demanding the permanent shutdown of the killer factory Sterlite copper owned by the giant corporate Vedanta groups, the police had killed more than 20 people in firing incidents twice, including deaths of 3 women as well. The people had thronged to the Thoothukudi collector office in large numbers, following which the collectorate was surrounded by them.
Police had initially confronted them with Lathi charges, and then finally resorted to Gun firing after the collector had issued firing orders. Many vehicles in the collector office were burnt, and the whole office was destroyed by the angry protesters who were further angered by the death of a civilian. The police had attacked even the media people, and even the housing board of Sterlite employees was damaged and set to fire.
Other than the shooting at the
collector office, the police had also resorted to firing at Terespuram, when
they tried to surround the SP office. Without caring about the lives of people
of Thoothukudi, the Chief Minister Edappadi Palanisamy had been announcing
relief of 1 lakh, 3 lakhs for injured and 10 lakhs for the families of the
deceased. All the trains from Tuticorin have been cancelled.
How Chennai Swiggy Customer gets order delivery from Rajasthan? Chennai sources stated that in an interesting turn of events, a Chennai resident received a Swiggy order all the way from Rajasthan. Meanwhile the Chennai based customer had given an order on Sunday and when he checked the app to track his order, he found out that the delivery executive is coming all the way from Rajasthan.
- Tiktok committed to safe & positive in-app environment for users in India
- TN Govt plans to introduce Board Exams for Class 5 & 8
- Guntur District farmer committed suicide, doubts raised
- UK no longer preferred market for Indian investment due to Brexit factor
- Pakistan Cricketers portrait removed from HPCA
- From a farmer's son to People's Hero - Dr. Koti Reddy Saripalli
- DMK Congress deal soon!
- What's the problem for DMDK?
- India receives support from Israel!
- Public shocked after tremors in Delhi!
- APTA achieved India Book of record by making longest bamboo chicken in India
- Budget of Rs 3,116 crore for 2019-20 unveiled by TTD
- Chennai Metro Rail to install WiFi facilities at all stations
- Saudi Arabia-India plans to set up a ''Strategic Partnership Council'
- Donald Trump planning to meet North Korean Leader Kim Jong-Un again