Media reports from Karachi said, amid fears the death toll could rise as the temperatures soar. Accordingly the temperature hit 44 degrees Celsius yesterday and the heat waves coincided with the month of fasting when most of the Muslims do not eat or drink during daytime. It was stated that nearly 114 bodies were brought to the Edhi Foundation's morgues in Karachi's Korangi and Sohrab Goth areas in the past three days, out of which at least 65 had died from heatstroke.
Meanwhile Faisal Edhi, who runs the foundation, was quoted as saying that the Foundation operates morgues and an ambulance service in Pakistan's biggest city Karachi. As per report most of the citizens who died from heatstroke were residents of Landhi and Korangi. Faisal said that most heatstroke victims had died at their home. Moreover the ages of people who succumbed to the ongoing heat wave in Karachi varied from six to 78 years.
Furthermore when highlighting the magnitude of the
crisis caused by the severe heat, Faisal said that the morgue in Korangi
receives around 10-11 bodies per day. Further since Saturday evening, the
morgue had received 34 bodies, while the morgue in Sohrab Goth had received 30
bodies. The report said Sindh Health Secretary Fazlullah Pechuho rejected the
notion that any of the deceased died due to heat stroke in Karachi.
ISRO successfully launched GSLV-Mk III on Wednesday Indian Space Research Organization (ISRO) stated that the countdown had begun for the Wednesday evening launch of India's heaviest rocket GSLV-Mk III, carrying communication satellite GSAT-29 at the rocket port in Sriharikota. According to the Indian space agency standing at 43.4 metre tall and weighing 640 ton, the Geosynchronous Satellite Launch Vehicle (GSLV-Mk III) had taken off at 5.08 pm on Wednesday.
- Chandrababu Naidu confident in winning in Telangana
- Muslims in Telangana state upset seeing attitude of political parties
- A new memoir titled "Becoming" by Michelle Obama out
- Bengaluru likely to receive rainfall on November 16-17 & 22-23
- Swiggy plans to deploy Women as delivery personnel across India
- Has AP government misused Tirumala Tirupathi temple funds?
- Sexual abuser arrested finally!
- Infosys founder supports Modi!
- Downfall of Rajapakse govt!
- Gaja reaches Chennai!
- SC to hear 49 Review Petitions in Sabarimala Temple case
- PM Narendra Modi is in Singapore for East Asia Summit
- Melania Trump explicitly Donald Trump to oust Mira Ricardel
- Will traffic be ensured safely during rallies & processions?
- Sonali Bandre thanked her Hubby on their wedding day