Media reports from Karachi said, amid fears the death toll could rise as the temperatures soar. Accordingly the temperature hit 44 degrees Celsius yesterday and the heat waves coincided with the month of fasting when most of the Muslims do not eat or drink during daytime. It was stated that nearly 114 bodies were brought to the Edhi Foundation's morgues in Karachi's Korangi and Sohrab Goth areas in the past three days, out of which at least 65 had died from heatstroke.
Meanwhile Faisal Edhi, who runs the foundation, was quoted as saying that the Foundation operates morgues and an ambulance service in Pakistan's biggest city Karachi. As per report most of the citizens who died from heatstroke were residents of Landhi and Korangi. Faisal said that most heatstroke victims had died at their home. Moreover the ages of people who succumbed to the ongoing heat wave in Karachi varied from six to 78 years.
Furthermore when highlighting the magnitude of the
crisis caused by the severe heat, Faisal said that the morgue in Korangi
receives around 10-11 bodies per day. Further since Saturday evening, the
morgue had received 34 bodies, while the morgue in Sohrab Goth had received 30
bodies. The report said Sindh Health Secretary Fazlullah Pechuho rejected the
notion that any of the deceased died due to heat stroke in Karachi.
Migrants figures shown a negative growth of 11.6% from Kerala Accordingly a new study says factors like the declining population in the 19-25 age groups and stagnant wages in the Gulf countries could be responsible for migration from Kerala declining 11% between 2013 and 2018. S. Irudayarajan, who led the Kerala Migration Survey (KMS) 2018 told reporters in Thiruvananthapuram
- Uber's Food delivery launched Insurance Program in partnership with Tata AIG
- Investigation about Sewing Needle hidden in Strawberries
- Karnataka Govt reduced state taxes on petrol & diesel
- Is YS Jagan caught in a trap?
- Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh testifies hearing before Senate Judiciary Committee
- Major Fire Accident at Kanya Cinema Theater, Visakhapatnam
- T Rajendar coming to Thiruvarur?
- Auto driver attacked for questioning BJP leader on Petrol price hike!
- Yet again Petrol Price goes up...
- Case against Thirumurugan Gandhi dismissed!
- H Raja's words will help fascism!
- H Raja receives High court order!
- Babies born yesterday on PM Modi's birthday gifted gold rings at Chennai
- TN couple received Petrol as Marriage Gift!!!
- Ramdev will not campaign for BJP in 2019 elections