Media reports from Karachi said, amid fears the death toll could rise as the temperatures soar. Accordingly the temperature hit 44 degrees Celsius yesterday and the heat waves coincided with the month of fasting when most of the Muslims do not eat or drink during daytime. It was stated that nearly 114 bodies were brought to the Edhi Foundation's morgues in Karachi's Korangi and Sohrab Goth areas in the past three days, out of which at least 65 had died from heatstroke.
Meanwhile Faisal Edhi, who runs the foundation, was quoted as saying that the Foundation operates morgues and an ambulance service in Pakistan's biggest city Karachi. As per report most of the citizens who died from heatstroke were residents of Landhi and Korangi. Faisal said that most heatstroke victims had died at their home. Moreover the ages of people who succumbed to the ongoing heat wave in Karachi varied from six to 78 years.
Furthermore when highlighting the magnitude of the
crisis caused by the severe heat, Faisal said that the morgue in Korangi
receives around 10-11 bodies per day. Further since Saturday evening, the
morgue had received 34 bodies, while the morgue in Sohrab Goth had received 30
bodies. The report said Sindh Health Secretary Fazlullah Pechuho rejected the
notion that any of the deceased died due to heat stroke in Karachi.
Telangana & AP extended time limit for interstate transfers Hyderabad sources reported that the TS and AP governments have extended the time limit for interstate transfers till June 30. Issuing a circular to this effect, AP principal secretary, state reorganization, L. Premachandra Reddy said guidelines were issued on August 7, 2017, to consider interstate transfers of local cadre (district/zone/ multizonal) and state cadre employees on spouse grounds and on mutual basis.
- Trump coming out with reforms giving H-1B visa holders certainty to stay in US
- SC appoints Ombudsman for Hardik & Rahul comments
- Rakesh Asthana ousted from CBI!
- TASMAC surpasses Petta!
- Congress MP's trolls Amit and gets criticism!
- World's top four Richest Celebrity list with their individual net worth
- RBI Governor to cut Interest Rates
- PhonePe seen a remarkable growth in 2018 in offline business
- Vijayashanthi questions Why TRS shows fake statements
- SC orders protection for counterfeit travelers in Sabarimala issue
- Boxing Legend Muhammad Ali name for US Airport
- Reliance Jio Net Profit jumped to 65%
- Arun Jaitley to increase Income Tax Slabs Tax Rate
- Ola Money Postpaid offers a 15 day credit line to passengers
- Chill breeze to prolong for 4 days in Tamilnadu