Bengaluru sources reported that JDS’ chief ministerial candidate HD Kumaraswamy on Monday said he had called Rajinikanth "to come over and see for himself" the conditions of reservoirs in Karnataka and only thereafter make any claims of Cauvery releases to Tamilnadu. Meanwhile when reporters here asked him about the Tamil superstar’s request to the new Karnataka government for Cauvery releases, Kumaraswamy said, “He had invited Rajinikanth to come here and look at the condition of our reservoirs, where the water is just not sufficient and is sure he will understand”.
Media reports added that Rajinikanth had made the request for water on Sunday and quick to respond, Kumaraswamy shock back “If there is really water here, it is possible for us to give and requested Rajinikanth, please come and see for you the situation in our dams, what is happening to our farmers. And after that, if you still want water, then let us discuss”.
Moreover on the political front, the JDS’ CM candidate should be pretty
happy with the superstar’s reaction to the Karnataka developments leading to
the JDS-Congress coalition government. Furthermore Rajinikanth had called it
"a win for democracy" while slamming the BJP and Governor Vajubhai
Vala, whose actions he said were “mockery of democracy”.
Will Madras HC hear petitions challenging land acquisition in Chennai-Salem Project? Chennai sources reported that the Madras high court has directed the state government not to precipitate any problem, pursuant to the proposed acquisition of land for the multi crore Chennai-Salem green corridor project. Accordingly Sivagnanasambandan, counsel appearing for the petitioner, submitted that four persons have been arrested in Cheyyar and the same has been reported in newspapers.
- BJP leader gets trolled!
- Kausalya consoles Amrutha Varshini!
- Krishnaswamy turns against Karunas!
- Daye suppression isn't the end!
- HD Kumaraswamy meets 3,000 people every week during 'Janata Darshan'
- Muslims across 31 districts of Telangana must get representation in 2018 Elections
- TN Dr. Ambedkar Law University to remove unqualified teaching staff & other staff
- Will Tamilnadu Govt make Helmet compulsory?
- Cyclone Alert over west-central Bay of Bengal: IMD
- Why BJP spoiled alliance between TDP and TRS?
- Pakistan ready to discuss terrorism, Imran Khan pens PM Modi
- Bilateral dialogue between Washington & Pyongyang stalled on how to move denuclearization process
- Signing up for the credit line to receive Instant access on Flipkart
- Train Services stopped at Kerala, Bengaluru & Coastal Karnataka resumes
- Mis-happening at Jet Airways focus Mumbai to Jaipur