Agartala sources reported that Minister of State for Railways Rajen Gohain said of these projects, 25 are new rail line projects, which will add over 5,100 km tracks to the existing network in the mountainous region, Gohain said while flagging off a bi-weekly Humsafar Express train between Agartala and Bengaluru. Meanwhile the Ministry has sanctioned electrification of the entire rail network in the northeast.
Meanwhile the Minister said that the NFR has started work to lay the new 15-km line from Agartala to Akhaura in Bangladesh "Work is on in full swing to connect the remaining capital cities of northeastern states. Meanwhile the Northeast Frontier Railway (NFR) has been extending 112 km rail line up to southern Tripura's bordering city Sanbrrom to get access to the Chittagong port in Bangladesh." Meanwhile when addressing the gathering, Tripura Chief Minister Biplab Kumar Deb said that after the construction of a bridge on the Feni river by December 2019, Tripura would become a gateway to the northeastern region and Bangladesh.
Furthermore the Chief Minister urged Gohain to make
all Express trains from Tripura to various parts of the country, including
Rajdhani Express, at least bi-weekly if not daily. As per report Tripura
Transport and Tourism Minister Pranajit Singha Roy, Forest and Tribal Welfare
Minister Mevar Kumar Jamatia, and NFR General Manager Sanjive Roy were also
BJP Cheap Trick to Defeat Rahul Gandhi in Wayanad Congress President Rahul Gandhi’s decision to contest Lok Sabha polls from Wayanad in Kerala drew the attention of the country to the constituency. Rahul is already contesting from his Amethi constituency against Smriti Irani. But then, Rahul Gandhi is up against four other Gandhis who contested for the same seat.
- AP IAS Association Sensing Chandrababu Coming to Power
- Bengaluru, the cheapest Asian City!
- 50:50 chances of Priyanka Gandhi contesting from Varanasi: Sources
- Janasena Damaged TDP in 35 Seats?
- After 14 years this Coimbatore Govt School gets power supply
- Congres Vijender Singh flexes biceps after being asked on BJPs dhai kilo ka haath
- KCR Does Damage Control in Inter Board Fiasco
- Chandrababu To Unleash Operation Akarsha If Short of Majority
- JKLF chief Yasin Malik sent to judicial custody till May 24, Mehbooba demands release
- Never Ever use FREE WIFI anywhere, It's pretty dangerous
- Actor Dileep asks for Stay in Actress Assault case
- Stampede kills 7 people in TN!
- Denmark's Richest Billionaire lost his Children during Srilanka Blasts
- Husband kills wife and sends photo in Whatsapp!
- #TikTok BAN REMOVED...