Bengaluru sources stated that a party leader said the Congress' Karnataka President G. Parameshwara would be the Deputy Chief Minister in the Janata Dal-Secular (JD-S)-Congress coalition government. The Congress General Secretary K.C. Venugopal told reporters "Party President Rahul Gandhi has approved the name of Parameshwara for the Deputy Chief Minister post in the coalition government".
As per reports Parameshwara took oath after JD-S legislative party leader H.D. Kumarswamy sworn-in as the Chief Minister by Governor Vajubhai Vala on Wednesday evening on the grand steps of state secretariat Vidhana Soudha. Meanwhile K.R. Ramesh of the Congress will be the Speaker of the Legislative Assembly, the Congress leader said. "Deputy Speaker will be from the JD-S". Accordingly movies Deputy Speaker will be named on Thursday and names of the cabinet ministers and their portfolios will be announced after the floor test in the hung House.
Moreover the 34 member ministry will have 22 cabinet ministers from the
Congress and 12 from the JD-S. Media reports added that the JD-S-Congress
coalition government has 117 members, including one from regional party
Karnataka Pragnyavantha Janata Paksha (KPJP) and an Independent.
PM Narendra Modi catapulted many projects in Odisha & Chhattisgarh According to sources Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s office has said he had visited Odisha and poll bound Chhattisgarh yesterday and launched several projects in the states. Meanwhile he had unveiled a plaque to mark the commencement of work for the revival of Talcher fertilizer plant in Odisha and this is the first plant in India to have a coal classification based fertilizer unit.
- Is Chandrababu Naidu elder than PM Modi in politics?
- Will Chandrababu Naidu attend Court in Babli Case?
- India moving towards 5G: PM Modi
- "Facebook Dating" made available within social networking company's mobile app
- First Indian state to introduce Smart e-Public Distribution System (e-PDS)
- Pawan Kalyan to have 'Gelupu Rotte' to win upcoming general elections in AP
- Ajay Maken left for treatment abroad for his orthopedic ailment
- Trump participates in UNGA events & bilateral meetings from September 24-27
- Will Madras HC hear petitions challenging land acquisition in Chennai-Salem Project?
- BJP leader gets trolled!
- Kausalya consoles Amrutha Varshini!
- Krishnaswamy turns against Karunas!
- Daye suppression isn't the end!
- HD Kumaraswamy meets 3,000 people every week during 'Janata Darshan'
- Muslims across 31 districts of Telangana must get representation in 2018 Elections