Washington sources reported that electronic devices in Pentagon areas designated for processing, handling or discussing classified information, according to a Pentagon memo released on Tuesday. Accordingly the Pentagon will continue to allow cellphones to be brought into the building after a months-long review on the issue.
Xinhua reported the memo, signed by Deputy Defense Secretary Patrick Shanahan, notes that cell phones can still be used in common areas and other Pentagon offices if classified information is not present. Moreover it also appears to make clear the current practice that requires phones be left in "daily-use storage containers that are located outside the secure space" where sensitive materials are handled or discussed.
As per report the new rules, which take effect
immediately and must be fully implemented within six months, apply to the
Defense Department's personnel, contractors and visitors and cover
"laptops, tablets, cellular phones, smart watches, and other devices"
that are portable, can wireless transmit information and have "a
self-contained power source." Further the policy doesn't apply to any
"mobile devices that have minimal storage and transmission capabilities
such as key fobs used for medical alert, motor vehicles, or home security
MD, New VP of India Operations appointed by FB As per report Facebook on Monday announced it has appointed Ajit Mohan, former CEO of video streaming platform Hotstar, as Managing Director and Vice-President, Facebook India. Meanwhile set to join Facebook from early next year, Mohan will be responsible for driving Face book’s overall strategy and continued investment in India, reporting directly to the Menlo Park based headquarter and not Asia Pacific.
- Bengaluru to receive heavy rain this week
- Will Harish get more majority to KCR in the ensuing elections?
- TPCC Working President confident SB Congress winning in Telangana
- Mother of one of 7 convicts in Rajiv Gandhi assassination case met TN Governor
- Maoist killers identified!
- Telangana Governor follows new way in saving Fuel
- Case against Tamilisai soon!
- Hyderabad Metro Rail carries 85,000 Passengers daily
- Baba on moon? Truth or fake?
- Arputhammal gives petition to Governor!
- Rajinikanth to target November or December!
- TN targeted by Maoists?
- Gujarat based Pharma company Sterling Biotech involved in 5000 Crore Bank fraud
- DoT approached SC for Spectrum Dues
- Donald Trump has hit 12% of total US imports by 2018