Washington sources reported that electronic devices in Pentagon areas designated for processing, handling or discussing classified information, according to a Pentagon memo released on Tuesday. Accordingly the Pentagon will continue to allow cellphones to be brought into the building after a months-long review on the issue.
Xinhua reported the memo, signed by Deputy Defense Secretary Patrick Shanahan, notes that cell phones can still be used in common areas and other Pentagon offices if classified information is not present. Moreover it also appears to make clear the current practice that requires phones be left in "daily-use storage containers that are located outside the secure space" where sensitive materials are handled or discussed.
As per report the new rules, which take effect
immediately and must be fully implemented within six months, apply to the
Defense Department's personnel, contractors and visitors and cover
"laptops, tablets, cellular phones, smart watches, and other devices"
that are portable, can wireless transmit information and have "a
self-contained power source." Further the policy doesn't apply to any
"mobile devices that have minimal storage and transmission capabilities
such as key fobs used for medical alert, motor vehicles, or home security
Alibaba makes record selling in first five minutes & $10 billion figure achieved As per report Chinese e-commerce giant Alibaba announced generation of whopping $30.8 billion in terms of Gross Merchandise Value (GMV) during Singles' Day sale the 24 hour annual shopping event held on November 11, beating the last year's record of $25 billion. Meanwhile around 180,000 brands had participated in the sale on all retail platforms of the company. Apple, Xiaomi
- Distributing 1 Lakh Cows per year is in BJPs Manifesto
- 69% Pakistanis aged 15-65 years don't know what the Internet is!!!
- Why Pasupuleti Balaraju quit TDP joined Janasena Party?
- Telangana Polls scheduled to be held by December 7
- Trump missing from one of weekend's most powerful images
- TRS MP Kavita attacked TPCC Chief
- Stalin condemns Periyar caste reference!
- Gaja storm getting intensified!
- Sivakasi laborers set to lose jobs!
- Viral video from Kaduvetti guru son!
- TRS released list of candidates for 107 of 119 Assembly Constituencies
- YSRCP Leader YS Jagan resumed his Padayatra with Emotional Welcome
- AAP includes Jobs for Youth in its Manifesto
- PM Narendra Modi inaugurated two major national highways
- Why TN CM defended protests against AR Murugadoss's Sarkar?