Washington sources reported that electronic devices in Pentagon areas designated for processing, handling or discussing classified information, according to a Pentagon memo released on Tuesday. Accordingly the Pentagon will continue to allow cellphones to be brought into the building after a months-long review on the issue.
Xinhua reported the memo, signed by Deputy Defense Secretary Patrick Shanahan, notes that cell phones can still be used in common areas and other Pentagon offices if classified information is not present. Moreover it also appears to make clear the current practice that requires phones be left in "daily-use storage containers that are located outside the secure space" where sensitive materials are handled or discussed.
As per report the new rules, which take effect
immediately and must be fully implemented within six months, apply to the
Defense Department's personnel, contractors and visitors and cover
"laptops, tablets, cellular phones, smart watches, and other devices"
that are portable, can wireless transmit information and have "a
self-contained power source." Further the policy doesn't apply to any
"mobile devices that have minimal storage and transmission capabilities
such as key fobs used for medical alert, motor vehicles, or home security
Even Candidates Shy Away from Janasena Review Meeting Even before the election results are out, it looks like Janasena is certain about the failure as the writing on the wall. Pawan Kalyan himself disappeared after the polling and hurried arranged review meetings of the candidates in Mangalagiri office after 10 days of the polling. The candidates of Uttarandhra, Godavari districts, and Krishna were called.
- Thambidurai's surprising behavior!
- North Indians angry over Briyani!
- Will Rahul Gandhi fulfill his poll promises?
- Did TTV Dinakaran appeared before Court in defamation case?
- Harassment case against Chief justice!
- Age verification on adult sites soon!
- Abhinandan, No longer in Kashmir
- Sri Lanka bans WhatsApp, Facebook
- BBMP drawn out contingency plans ahead of monsoons
- TRS know conducting Elections but not Student Exams!
- Pinarayi hits out Modis speech on Sabarimala issue
- PM offered of all possible help & assistance to Sri Lanka after Easter blast
- MK Stalin to devise strategy for 4 Assembly by-elections scheduled on May 19
- World's smallest baby boy weighing as an apple, ready for outside world
- Is Pawan Kalyan again hitting headlines for all the wrong reasons?