Washington sources reported that electronic devices in Pentagon areas designated for processing, handling or discussing classified information, according to a Pentagon memo released on Tuesday. Accordingly the Pentagon will continue to allow cellphones to be brought into the building after a months-long review on the issue.
Xinhua reported the memo, signed by Deputy Defense Secretary Patrick Shanahan, notes that cell phones can still be used in common areas and other Pentagon offices if classified information is not present. Moreover it also appears to make clear the current practice that requires phones be left in "daily-use storage containers that are located outside the secure space" where sensitive materials are handled or discussed.
As per report the new rules, which take effect
immediately and must be fully implemented within six months, apply to the
Defense Department's personnel, contractors and visitors and cover
"laptops, tablets, cellular phones, smart watches, and other devices"
that are portable, can wireless transmit information and have "a
self-contained power source." Further the policy doesn't apply to any
"mobile devices that have minimal storage and transmission capabilities
such as key fobs used for medical alert, motor vehicles, or home security
BJP confident in winning Maharashtra Assembly Elections with full majority Reportedly in a veiled message to the Shiv Sena, Home Minister Amit Shah asserted that it is not impossible for the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) to receive absolute majority in the upcoming Maharashtra Assembly election. Meanwhile in an exclusive interview with leading network, Shah predicted a two thirds majority for the BJP-Shiv Sena "gathbandhan". Even though the home minister accepted
- BJP made scrapping of Article 370 its main talking point in assembly elections in Haryana & Maharashtra
- PMC Bank came under RBI scanner
- Kerala Cops searches Jolly's friend seen in many photos
- Northeast Monsoon intensified in Tamilnadu
- Will AP Secretaries stop Fake News?
- Telangana's new Liquor Policy received 41,000 applications
- Will TRS predicts Huzurnagar Bye Election Result?
- AIADMK announced candidates for Assembly by-polls
- Nirav Modi remanded to Prison until November 11
- Kamala Harris asked Twitter to suspend Trump's account for attacking lawmakers
- Rajnath Singh hit back at Congress against human rights violations
- African Mona Lisa painting fetched pre-auction estimate of £1.1 million
- Investors can find no better place in the world than India: Nirmala Sitharaman
- TN Govt directed all blood banks in Tamilnadu to use Blood Donation feature on Facebook
- Exide industries launches e-vehicle in name of Exide Neo