Washington sources reported that NASA has said When NASA's Parker Solar Probe, humanity's first mission to "touch" a star, launches on July 31, it will carry more than scientific instruments on this historic journey it will also hold more than 1.1 million names submitted by the public to go to the Sun. Meanwhile back in March, NASA invited people around the world to submit their names online to be placed on a microchip aboard its historic Parker Solar Probe. Submissions were accepted till April 27.
Moreover NASA this week revealed that a total of 1,137,202 names were submitted and confirmed over the seven and a half week period. Furthermore the US space agency said a memory card containing the names was installed on the spacecraft on May 18. Accordingly the card was mounted on a plaque bearing a dedication to and a quote from the mission's namesake, heliophysicist Eugene Parker, who first theorized the existence of the solar wind.
Moreover throughout its seven-year mission, the spacecraft will swoop
through the Sun's atmosphere 24 times, getting closer to our star than any
spacecraft has gone before. Nicola Fox, project scientist for Parker Solar
Probe at the Johns Hopkins Applied Physics Lab in Laurel, Maryland said "Parker
Solar Probe is going to revolutionize our understanding of the Sun, the only star
we can study up close”.
136 people died after a ferry capsized on Lake Victoria, Tanzania Accordingly many are missing and it is feared that more than 200 people in total may have drowned. Rescue efforts resumed on Friday after being halted overnight. As per report the MV Nyerere ferry overturned near Ukara Island on its way from Bugorora. Meanwhile it is thought the overloaded vessel tipped over when crowds on board moved to one side as it docked.
- Karnataka CM Kumaraswamy called for a Revolt against BJP
- Balapur Laddu sets a new Record as it fetches Rs.16.6 Lakhs in Auction!
- TN Govt opened bookings for the online sale of imported sand at Thoothukudi port
- PM Narendra Modi catapulted many projects in Odisha & Chhattisgarh
- Is Chandrababu Naidu elder than PM Modi in politics?
- Will Chandrababu Naidu attend Court in Babli Case?
- India moving towards 5G: PM Modi
- "Facebook Dating" made available within social networking company's mobile app
- First Indian state to introduce Smart e-Public Distribution System (e-PDS)
- Pawan Kalyan to have 'Gelupu Rotte' to win upcoming general elections in AP
- Ajay Maken left for treatment abroad for his orthopedic ailment
- Trump participates in UNGA events & bilateral meetings from September 24-27
- Will Madras HC hear petitions challenging land acquisition in Chennai-Salem Project?
- BJP leader gets trolled!
- Kausalya consoles Amrutha Varshini!