Bengaluru sources reported that Karnataka’s new Chief Minister HD Kumaraswamy and Deputy CM G Parameshwara addressed their first press conference after taking oath on the steps of the Vidhana Soudha on Wednesday. Meanwhile JD(S) State President Kumaraswamy, who has taken oath as CM for the second time in his political career, started off by saying that in spite of what he had said before the results about how he would not join hands with either the BJP or Congress, circumstances had changed, pushing him into forming a coalition.
Accordingly much drama ensued when the election results were declared in the state.With the state seeing a fractured mandate, the Congress, which bagged 78 seats, moved quickly to woo the JD(S), which had won 38 seats. Meanwhile despite the BJP winning 104 seats and being asked to form the government, the party was unable to show the numbers on the floor of the Assembly, and BS Yeddyurappa stepped down just two days after taking the oath as Chief Minister.
Kumaraswamy added,"We have tied our horses down and you can take only
a lifeless horse to Modi," hinting at BJP’s attempts at horse trading
earlier even though it is a coalition government, it will be a model for the
country. Moreover when a reporter asked him about the Lingayat issue, he said,
"The Lingayat issue is not a big one and he will ensure that there is no
situation where people will take to the streets.”
Will Owl Bird create misfortune for Elections? Mumbai sources stated that with a view to create awareness about owl as a bird and debunk superstitions associated with it, a unique festival was recently held at a village in Pune district of Maharashtra. Meanwhile the two day 'Indian Owl Festival', which was held in the last week of November at Pingori in Purandar taluka
- Telangana polls reflected the paradox of perceptions of rural & urban voters
- Congress Spokesperson attacked Yogi Adithyanath
- Vijay Fans assaulted Members of AIADMK
- Is Prabhas going to participate in Koffee with Karan?
- Ozone Layer is on safer side
- TRS Party Leading in Exit Poll Survey
- Why Chandrababu who played crucial role in Telangana elections is tight-lipped?
- Why voting percentage in Hyderabad city is quite low as general election?
- PM Narendra Modi asked OPEC nations to Price Crude at reasonable rates
- Facebook to defend against foreign interference ahead of 2019 LS polls in India
- Telangana Laborers traveled 100 Kilometers to Vote
- Gadkari faints on stage!
- Hyderabad Badminton Player felt her name not in Voters List
- Will Actress Madhuri Dixit contest in favor of BJP for 2019 Lok Sabha Polls?
- Madras HC to consider Duraimurugan's Passport Application