Bengaluru sources reported that Karnataka’s new Chief Minister HD Kumaraswamy and Deputy CM G Parameshwara addressed their first press conference after taking oath on the steps of the Vidhana Soudha on Wednesday. Meanwhile JD(S) State President Kumaraswamy, who has taken oath as CM for the second time in his political career, started off by saying that in spite of what he had said before the results about how he would not join hands with either the BJP or Congress, circumstances had changed, pushing him into forming a coalition.
Accordingly much drama ensued when the election results were declared in the state.With the state seeing a fractured mandate, the Congress, which bagged 78 seats, moved quickly to woo the JD(S), which had won 38 seats. Meanwhile despite the BJP winning 104 seats and being asked to form the government, the party was unable to show the numbers on the floor of the Assembly, and BS Yeddyurappa stepped down just two days after taking the oath as Chief Minister.
Kumaraswamy added,"We have tied our horses down and you can take only
a lifeless horse to Modi," hinting at BJP’s attempts at horse trading
earlier even though it is a coalition government, it will be a model for the
country. Moreover when a reporter asked him about the Lingayat issue, he said,
"The Lingayat issue is not a big one and he will ensure that there is no
situation where people will take to the streets.”
Saudi Arabia auctions real estates of billionaire Maan al-Sanea Riyadh sources stated that Saudi Arabia will auction real estate owned by indebted billionaire Maan al-Sanea and his company starting next month to help repay billions of riyals due to creditors. Meanwhile sources familiar with the matter told Reuters, Sanea ranked by Forbes in 2007 as one of the world's
- In 2019 Lok Sabha polls, people will defeat BJP: Mamata Banerjee
- MK Stalin launched scathing attack on Edappadi Palaniswami leveling corruption charges
- Trump imposes additional tariffs on China from September 24
- Who is the Baahubali of Telangana?
- Yusaku Maezawa, founder & CEO of Zozo, First Tourist to Moon
- Domestic fuel prices continued to scale new height
- Heavy rains expected today as well!
- Vijaya Bhaskar gets aroused!
- Sunny gets a wax statue!
- A sleep ruins minister's life!
- Finance Minister announced Merger of 3 Banks
- Who is Country's Highest Earning MLA?
- North & South Korean Leaders Meet at Pyongyang
- Guys involved in Controversial WhatsApp chat to kill Defense Minister held
- Centre's decision to ban 328 FDC drugs brought 6,000 medicines on radar