Chennai sources reported that DMK Chief and leader of opposition Mr. M. K. Stalin was evicted following his dharna near the Chief Minister's chamber at the Tamilnadu Secretariat and was subsequently detained after he attempted to protest outside the Secretariat premises on Rajaji Salai. Previously the Tamilnadu Pollution Control Board (TNPCB) ordered the closure of Sterlite Copper Smelter plant in Thoothukudi with immediate effect Opposition leaders in Tamilnadu staged a dharna outside the Secretariat building.
M.K. Stalin said “He shall face any case registered against him and he would bravely take any bullet". He added that "DMK protest will continue till Chief Minister Edappadi K. Palaniswami steps down". Moreover Chief Minister Edappadi K. Palaniswami denies any charges that he refused to meet Mr. Stalin at his chamber in the Tamilnadu Secretariat office.
Edappadi said protestors in Thoothukudi were
instigated by the Opposition parties and other anti-social elements who had
vested interests. He added "The government has been taking steps to shut
down the Sterlite Copper smelter unit in Thoothukudi by taking legal
136 people died after a ferry capsized on Lake Victoria, Tanzania Accordingly many are missing and it is feared that more than 200 people in total may have drowned. Rescue efforts resumed on Friday after being halted overnight. As per report the MV Nyerere ferry overturned near Ukara Island on its way from Bugorora. Meanwhile it is thought the overloaded vessel tipped over when crowds on board moved to one side as it docked.
- Karnataka CM Kumaraswamy called for a Revolt against BJP
- Balapur Laddu sets a new Record as it fetches Rs.16.6 Lakhs in Auction!
- TN Govt opened bookings for the online sale of imported sand at Thoothukudi port
- PM Narendra Modi catapulted many projects in Odisha & Chhattisgarh
- Is Chandrababu Naidu elder than PM Modi in politics?
- Will Chandrababu Naidu attend Court in Babli Case?
- India moving towards 5G: PM Modi
- "Facebook Dating" made available within social networking company's mobile app
- First Indian state to introduce Smart e-Public Distribution System (e-PDS)
- Pawan Kalyan to have 'Gelupu Rotte' to win upcoming general elections in AP
- Ajay Maken left for treatment abroad for his orthopedic ailment
- Trump participates in UNGA events & bilateral meetings from September 24-27
- Will Madras HC hear petitions challenging land acquisition in Chennai-Salem Project?
- BJP leader gets trolled!
- Kausalya consoles Amrutha Varshini!