Chennai sources stated that the DMK and other opposition parties in Tamilnadu on Wednesday called for a dawn to dusk bandh on May 25, condemning the police action against protesters in Tuticorin, in which 11 people lost their lives in the last two days. Meanwhile the DMK had on Tuesday called for an all-party protest at all the district headquarters on May 25 to condemn the police firing in Tuticorin district.
Furthermore in a statement issued late night on Wednesday, the DMK said instead of the all-party protest, a bandh would be observed on May 25 to condemn the police action and demand the closure of the Sterlite copper smelting plant in Tuticorin district. Further stating that the people living in Tuticorin and its neighboring districts were angered by the police action against the agitators, the release said, "The bandh will also reflect the feelings of Tamils."
As per report "The DMK, the All India
National Congress, the Dravidar Kazhagam, the Marumalarchi Dravida Munnetra
Kazhagam, the CPI, the CPI (M), the Indian Union Muslim League, the Viduthalai
Chiruthaigal Katchi and the Manithaneya Makkal Katchi will participate in the
day long state wide protest".
Mobile app to track air pollution developed by Delhi students Accordingly when the air quality in Delhi and other cities in the north is deteriorating with pollution level touching ‘hazardous’ mark, a new mobile app promises to be of some help. The app, Air Cognizer, uses camera images to estimate air pollution level in the vicinity. The idea has won its developer an award by the US based Marconi Society.
- PM Narendra Modi campaigned at Chhattisgarh
- Congress privilege motion against Modi!
- Yogi Adityanath's hug challenge!
- Hyderabad Metro recording footfall of 80,000-85,000 passengers per day
- Controversial Ad of Kalyan Jewelry removed
- Donald Trump unlikely to get boot from Twitter even after threatening Iran
- Pack your Condoms too if you are going on a Tour of France - Here's Why...
- US Officials apologize to Sikh Minister as they forced to remove his Turban
- Two-Wheeler owners to get incentives?
- Leaders can take a lesson or two to watch KTR & Pawan words in public
- Iraqi Airways suspend 2 pilots who fought for food tray
- AP Govt taken a sensational decision restricting CBI's entry into AP
- Mahindra & Mahindra rolled out electric 3 wheeler auto rickshaw in Bengaluru
- Sabarimala Temple Police Officers instructed to follow new Dress Code
- Will Pawan Kalyan contest from Eluru Constituency?