Tuticorin sources stated that tensions continue to grip Tamilnadu’s Tuticorin after 13 people were killed in clashes between security personnel and locals demanding closure of a copper factory over pollution concerns. Meanwhile violence erupted in the city two days ago as people protested against the Vedanta-owned Sterlite copper plant.
As per report 10 people were killed after the police opened fire on a rally on Tuesday, which marked the 100th day of demonstrations. Moreover amid the opposition’s criticisms, the state government constituted a Commission of Inquiry headed by retired Madras High Court judge Aruna Jagadeesan to probe the violence. Meanwhile the Union Home Ministry has, meanwhile, sought a report from the Tamilnadu government on the circumstances leading to police firing on protesters.
Accordingly the internet services in Tuticorin and adjoining districts of Tirunelveli and Kanyakumari have also been suspended till May 27 to prevent spread of rumors through social media. Moreover if someone is attacked, the natural course would be to defend and safeguard them. TN Chief Minister Palanisamy added “The entire episode which happened was primarily because of certain political parties, NGOs and anti-social elements, who took protesters to a wrong path”.
Ooty Lake to be cleaned soon Sources from Ooty stated that the Nilgiris district administration has taken steps to desilt the sprawling lake spread over 65 acres here, a popular tourist attraction for boat rides and tourism fun, to slowly help it become a fresh water lake in future. Meanwhile it is a known fact that this near two century year’s old famed lake is pool of mixture of drainage and sewage as over the centuries, unplanned
- TN soldier's family and village saddened by death!
- #PulwamaTerroristAttack - Brave Father's inspiring quote after son's death in Pulwama!
- Suicide bomber was 11th class dropout!
- School girl murder mystery resolved!
- Air India flights to Iraq begins operations after 30 years
- Dhanush congratulated Sai Pallavi for beating her own record saying 200 Million
- Protest shutdown against terror attack affects life in Jammu
- Telangana Municipalities good news for Families below poverty line
- CRPF Jawans victimized in Jammu & Kashmir
- Surprise Gift to Rahul Gandhi on Valentines Day
- 2 alliances in India, one under Rahul Gandhi and a 'gatbandhan' which has no leader: Amit Shah
- Arya & Sayyeshaa getting engaged to each other
- Pinnacle Blooms - Helping special kids
- Forest department eyeing Chinnathambi!
- Kamal Hassan praises woman!