Tuticorin sources stated that tensions continue to grip Tamilnadu’s Tuticorin after 13 people were killed in clashes between security personnel and locals demanding closure of a copper factory over pollution concerns. Meanwhile violence erupted in the city two days ago as people protested against the Vedanta-owned Sterlite copper plant.
As per report 10 people were killed after the police opened fire on a rally on Tuesday, which marked the 100th day of demonstrations. Moreover amid the opposition’s criticisms, the state government constituted a Commission of Inquiry headed by retired Madras High Court judge Aruna Jagadeesan to probe the violence. Meanwhile the Union Home Ministry has, meanwhile, sought a report from the Tamilnadu government on the circumstances leading to police firing on protesters.
Accordingly the internet services in Tuticorin and adjoining districts of Tirunelveli and Kanyakumari have also been suspended till May 27 to prevent spread of rumors through social media. Moreover if someone is attacked, the natural course would be to defend and safeguard them. TN Chief Minister Palanisamy added “The entire episode which happened was primarily because of certain political parties, NGOs and anti-social elements, who took protesters to a wrong path”.
Balapur Laddu sets a new Record as it fetches Rs.16.6 Lakhs in Auction! Balapur Ganesh laddu has set a new record this year in the auctions as it fetched Rs.16.6 Lakhs! Srinivas Gupta of Arya-Vysya committee has owned the Laddu after a huge competition in this auction...
- TN Govt opened bookings for the online sale of imported sand at Thoothukudi port
- PM Narendra Modi catapulted many projects in Odisha & Chhattisgarh
- Is Chandrababu Naidu elder than PM Modi in politics?
- Will Chandrababu Naidu attend Court in Babli Case?
- India moving towards 5G: PM Modi
- "Facebook Dating" made available within social networking company's mobile app
- First Indian state to introduce Smart e-Public Distribution System (e-PDS)
- Pawan Kalyan to have 'Gelupu Rotte' to win upcoming general elections in AP
- Ajay Maken left for treatment abroad for his orthopedic ailment
- Trump participates in UNGA events & bilateral meetings from September 24-27
- Will Madras HC hear petitions challenging land acquisition in Chennai-Salem Project?
- BJP leader gets trolled!
- Kausalya consoles Amrutha Varshini!
- Krishnaswamy turns against Karunas!
- Daye suppression isn't the end!