Tuticorin sources stated that tensions continue to grip Tamilnadu’s Tuticorin after 13 people were killed in clashes between security personnel and locals demanding closure of a copper factory over pollution concerns. Meanwhile violence erupted in the city two days ago as people protested against the Vedanta-owned Sterlite copper plant.
As per report 10 people were killed after the police opened fire on a rally on Tuesday, which marked the 100th day of demonstrations. Moreover amid the opposition’s criticisms, the state government constituted a Commission of Inquiry headed by retired Madras High Court judge Aruna Jagadeesan to probe the violence. Meanwhile the Union Home Ministry has, meanwhile, sought a report from the Tamilnadu government on the circumstances leading to police firing on protesters.
Accordingly the internet services in Tuticorin and adjoining districts of Tirunelveli and Kanyakumari have also been suspended till May 27 to prevent spread of rumors through social media. Moreover if someone is attacked, the natural course would be to defend and safeguard them. TN Chief Minister Palanisamy added “The entire episode which happened was primarily because of certain political parties, NGOs and anti-social elements, who took protesters to a wrong path”.
When Lokesh Greeted Jagan with Folded Hands Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister YS Jagan Mohan Reddy for the first time entered the AP Legislative Council Session on Monday. The first day of the 33rd Session commenced in the morning and was presided by Shariff Mohammed Ahmed the Chairman of the AP Legislative Council.
- Jagan's Popularity Soaring in Amaravati?
- Heat wave to continue in Chennai: IMD
- Chandrababu is Torture, Jagan is Torch-Bearer
- Which will make Rahul Gandhi stronger?
- AP Minister Calls Nara Lokesh as Mangalagiri Pappu in the Assembly
- Sri Reddy's next target is Actor Vishal
- Bar dancer stripped and attacked!
- Man cheats 32000 and escapes!
- Women directors for Chandrayaan 2!
- Girl dies as mother searches water!
- AP CM Jagan works for getting Special Category Status to AP
- BSNL website has listed the 'Abhinandan-151' prepaid recharge plan
- Trump called media corrupt & said journalists are enemy of the people
- Is Tamilnadu Govt doing its best to tackle the ongoing water crisis in the state?
- Telangana to receive Monsoon by June 20