Tuticorin sources added that stating that main demand of shutting down Sterlite plant has already been met, the newly appointed Thoothukudi district collector Sandeep Nanduri has appealed to the people to cooperate with the government to restore normalcy in the district, rocked by violence for the past three days.
Meanwhile when speaking to media persons, in the presence of senior IAS officers P.W.C. Dawidar and Gagandeep Singh Bedi, IG (South Zone) Shailesh Kumar Yadav and SP Murali Rambha, in Thoothukudi on Thursday Nanduri said the major demand of the people was closure of Sterlite unit. Already, power connection and water link to the industry have been snapped. Accordingly the Tamilnadu Pollution Control Board (TNPCB) has ordered the closure of Sterlite Copper Smelter plant with immediate effect and disconnected electricity supply to the unit on Thursday morning.
Moreover he appealed the people to cooperate with
the district administration in bringing back normalcy in Thoothukudi. Further Sandeep Nanduri said according to preliminary estimate
properties including vehicles were damaged. Furthermore a total of 98 vehicles
including 24 cars were totally destroyed and 46 vehicles damaged partially and
also said properties worth `29 lakh were damaged.
Big win for Women Rights activists in Muslim Community in india According to sources in a major relief to the victims of triple talak and Muslims rights activists, the Union Cabinet on Wednesday approved an ordinance making the Islamic divorce a serious crime and a punishable offense in India. Meanwhile Minister for Law and Justice Ravi Shankar Prasad said the government had to take ordinance route as it failed to pass it through both the houses of parliament.
- EC yet to come out with poll schedule for Telangana
- UP Govt Doctors to stage protest on October 1
- Is Kapu community is moving away from YCP?
- Another brutal murder in Andhra - SHOCKING BRUTAL VIDEO Inside
- Stalin demands resignation of Thangamani!
- Will Congress give Special Status to AP?
- PMK ropes in an actor!
- You will be shocked to know Modi's asset value - No Cars or Houses!
- Apollo's shocker on CCTV!
- Pandya injured - Damage for India?
- Hima Das name nominated for Arjuna Award
- Korean Presidents signs agreement to Ease Tension
- Ambati questioned Chandrababu's motive behind involving in affairs of TRS party
- Stormy Daniels provides a graphic description of Trump's genitalia
- Rahul Gandhi called Congress Workers been Lathi charged as "dictatorship under PM Modi"