Seoul sources added that North Korea on Thursday carried out what it said is the demolition of its nuclear test site in the presence of foreign journalists. Meanwhile the Punggye-ri site in Kilju, North Hamgyong province, was regarded as one of the most important facilities in North Korea's nuclear weapons program, along with the Yongbyon complex.
As per report all six of the North's nuclear tests were carried out there, including the latest and most powerful detonation in September. Yonhap news agency reported that it is surrounded by more than 1,000-metre-high mountains and built into underground granite rocks, experts say that Punggye-ri had the optimal geographic conditions to withstand detonation shocks and reduce the risk of radioactive leaks.
Moreover it had four underground tunnels, which were said to have been
constructed in order to prevent hazardous gas or debris from rupturing out.
Accordingly multiple partition walls and locking doors were also installed to
minimize risks. Further it is said that the North's first nuclear test in 2006
was conducted at the eastern tunnel. It was closed due to radioactive
contamination. Meanwhile some say that the North has completed its nuclear
technology and does not need to conduct tests anymore.
Signing up for the credit line to receive Instant access on Flipkart Accordingly with the festive season just around the corner, India’s e-commerce majors are gearing up for their flagship sales trying to woo customers with various offers. Meanwhile the digital payments are one area that Flipkart and Amazon are betting big on, to attract more customers. Furthermore after Amazon launched 'Amazon Pay EMI', Flipkart has followed suit with a new payment option called Card less Credit’.
- Train Services stopped at Kerala, Bengaluru & Coastal Karnataka resumes
- Mis-happening at Jet Airways focus Mumbai to Jaipur
- Police tightens grip on H Raja!
- Karunas blackmails police!
- HAL former chief on Rafel controversy!
- Coimbatore college Managing Director's Cheap act!
- AICC names leaders for 10 election related committees
- Stormy Daniels claimed that US President has 'an unusual penis'
- Can we know in advance about the condition & intensity of rains?
- Moon's mediation & Kim's commitment at summit satisfied Washington
- India complaints on Brutal killing of BSF Soldier by Pakistan troopers
- PM Narendra Modi catapults more projects in Varanasi
- Hong Kong based airline painted out error in Company's Name
- Big win for Women Rights activists in Muslim Community in india
- EC yet to come out with poll schedule for Telangana