Seoul sources added that North Korea on Thursday carried out what it said is the demolition of its nuclear test site in the presence of foreign journalists. Meanwhile the Punggye-ri site in Kilju, North Hamgyong province, was regarded as one of the most important facilities in North Korea's nuclear weapons program, along with the Yongbyon complex.
As per report all six of the North's nuclear tests were carried out there, including the latest and most powerful detonation in September. Yonhap news agency reported that it is surrounded by more than 1,000-metre-high mountains and built into underground granite rocks, experts say that Punggye-ri had the optimal geographic conditions to withstand detonation shocks and reduce the risk of radioactive leaks.
Moreover it had four underground tunnels, which were said to have been
constructed in order to prevent hazardous gas or debris from rupturing out.
Accordingly multiple partition walls and locking doors were also installed to
minimize risks. Further it is said that the North's first nuclear test in 2006
was conducted at the eastern tunnel. It was closed due to radioactive
contamination. Meanwhile some say that the North has completed its nuclear
technology and does not need to conduct tests anymore.
Anna University Exams postponed to December 13, 14 due to Cyclone Gaja Recently Anna University has announced that theory examinations scheduled for Friday will now be conducted on December 13. As per report the University has also postponed examinations scheduled for November 17 to December 14 and the examinations have been rescheduled on account of Cyclone Gaja, which hit the coastal areas in Tamilnadu on Friday.
- Mobile app to track air pollution developed by Delhi students
- PM Narendra Modi campaigned at Chhattisgarh
- Congress privilege motion against Modi!
- Yogi Adityanath's hug challenge!
- Hyderabad Metro recording footfall of 80,000-85,000 passengers per day
- Controversial Ad of Kalyan Jewelry removed
- Donald Trump unlikely to get boot from Twitter even after threatening Iran
- Pack your Condoms too if you are going on a Tour of France - Here's Why...
- US Officials apologize to Sikh Minister as they forced to remove his Turban
- Two-Wheeler owners to get incentives?
- Leaders can take a lesson or two to watch KTR & Pawan words in public
- Iraqi Airways suspend 2 pilots who fought for food tray
- AP Govt taken a sensational decision restricting CBI's entry into AP
- Mahindra & Mahindra rolled out electric 3 wheeler auto rickshaw in Bengaluru
- Sabarimala Temple Police Officers instructed to follow new Dress Code