Seoul sources added that North Korea on Thursday carried out what it said is the demolition of its nuclear test site in the presence of foreign journalists. Meanwhile the Punggye-ri site in Kilju, North Hamgyong province, was regarded as one of the most important facilities in North Korea's nuclear weapons program, along with the Yongbyon complex.
As per report all six of the North's nuclear tests were carried out there, including the latest and most powerful detonation in September. Yonhap news agency reported that it is surrounded by more than 1,000-metre-high mountains and built into underground granite rocks, experts say that Punggye-ri had the optimal geographic conditions to withstand detonation shocks and reduce the risk of radioactive leaks.
Moreover it had four underground tunnels, which were said to have been
constructed in order to prevent hazardous gas or debris from rupturing out.
Accordingly multiple partition walls and locking doors were also installed to
minimize risks. Further it is said that the North's first nuclear test in 2006
was conducted at the eastern tunnel. It was closed due to radioactive
contamination. Meanwhile some say that the North has completed its nuclear
technology and does not need to conduct tests anymore.
CBI & ED likely to issue summons for questioning former ICICI Bank CEO Chanda Kochhar According to report CBI sources said former ICICI Bank CEO and MD Chanda Kochhar, her husband Deepak Kochhar and industrialist V.N. Dhoot in connection with the Rs 3,250 crore loan case involving the Videocon Group and ICICI Bank. Meanwhile the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) sources said the agency would initiate the summons as it had completed the scrutiny of documents
- SED of Tamilnadu mulling introducing board exams for classes 5 & 8
- Will YS Jagan become CM of AP as per survey?
- BJP leader wants Kanyakumari!
- Viral video of school students in trains!
- Measures were taken to stop water to Pakistan!
- Kamal says Thiruvarur gave family politics!
- Trump made no mention of China or Huawei, steps back from threat of full ban
- Fight between Swiggy & Zomato extends to takeover of Uber Eats
- Summer Season to be hotter than normal in Karnataka
- Congress questions BJP as either PM was completely oblivious to Pulwama attack
- Why Vijayakanth pretty unhappy with BJP-AIADMK response to DMDK ambition?
- YSRCP attacks TDP saying AP has 59 Lakh Fake Voters
- Telangana Govt announces Rs.25 Lakhs to Families of Pulwama attack jawans
- 2019 Elections testing waters for YS Jagan's stamina
- Animosity between AP people & Central government out in the open