Bengaluru sources stated that the Karnataka State Natural Disaster Monitoring Centre has issued moderate flood alerts owing to the intermittent moderate to heavy rainfall across many parts of Bengaluru city on Friday. Meanwhile when speaking to TNM, Subha Avinash, Project Scientist (Hydrologist) at KSNDMC said that flood alerts have been issued across four zones of the city.
She said “One of the recording stations in Bommanahalli Zone has recorded 20mm of rainfall so far and it is likely to go up with the forecast and the present cloud formation”. Moreover widespread, moderate rainfall alongside thunderstorm activity with gusty winds was predicted across the city for Friday. Furthermore the KSNDMC alert on Friday evening read, “The real-time rainfall shows moderate flooding in flood vulnerable location of Bommanahalli Zone, South Zone, Mahadevapura zone, and East Zone of BBMP area.”
However, if you received a message stating that a cyclone will be hitting
Karnataka, Kerala, Tamilnadu, Goa and Maharashtra, it’s a hoax. Moreover a message
stating, “A storm called Sagar is going to hit Karnataka, Kerala, Tamil Nadu,
Goa, and Maharashtra within 24 hours on today, at starting the wind speed will
be 70 to 80 kmph and later it gradually increases to 90 - 100 kmph,” is doing
the rounds in Bengaluru and other parts of the state.
Cyclone Alert over west-central Bay of Bengal: IMD Accordingly a cyclone alert has been issued for the northern coastal region of the state of Andhra Pradesh with the Indian Meteorological Department predicting 'very heavy to extremely heavy' rains in the region. Meanwhile the IMD has stated that depression has formed over west-central Bay of Bengal which could intensify into a cyclonic storm.
- Why BJP spoiled alliance between TDP and TRS?
- Pakistan ready to discuss terrorism, Imran Khan pens PM Modi
- Bilateral dialogue between Washington & Pyongyang stalled on how to move denuclearization process
- Signing up for the credit line to receive Instant access on Flipkart
- Train Services stopped at Kerala, Bengaluru & Coastal Karnataka resumes
- Mis-happening at Jet Airways focus Mumbai to Jaipur
- Police tightens grip on H Raja!
- Karunas blackmails police!
- HAL former chief on Rafel controversy!
- Coimbatore college Managing Director's Cheap act!
- AICC names leaders for 10 election related committees
- Stormy Daniels claimed that US President has 'an unusual penis'
- Can we know in advance about the condition & intensity of rains?
- Moon's mediation & Kim's commitment at summit satisfied Washington
- India complaints on Brutal killing of BSF Soldier by Pakistan troopers