As per report with regard to privacy, Google, Facebook and Facebook-owned WhatsApp and Instagram are forcing people to adopt a "take it or leave it" approach which essentially amounts to demanding that users submit to intrusive terms of service, according to the the Austrian privacy-advocacy group Noyb.eu.
CNET reported that "Tonnes of 'consent boxes' popped up online or in applications, often combined with a threat, that the service can no longer be used if user (s) do not consent”. Meanwhile the group is asking regulators in France, Belgium, Germany and Austria to fine the companies up to the maximum 4% of their annual revenue that the GDPR legislation allows.
this could potentially add up to a $4.88 billion fine for Google parent company
Alphabet and $1.63 billion for each of Facebook, and its Instagram and WhatsApp
services, if European regulators agree with Noyb.eu and decide to fine the
companies the full amount. Further seen as a measure to by European leaders to
control the powers of technology companies, GDPR violations can cost companies
either 20 million Euros or 4% of annual turnover.
Will TN people join Dr. Tamilisai Soundararajan for nominating PM Modi for Nobel Peace Prize? Chennai sources stated that day after Prime Minister Narendra Modi launched the ambitious Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana (PMJAY) Ayushman Bharat health insurance scheme, BJP State president Dr. Tamilisai Soundararajan has said she has nominated the PM for the Nobel Peace Prize and appealed to the people to join her.
- Incessant rain triggered flash floods & landslides in Northern India
- MD, New VP of India Operations appointed by FB
- Bengaluru to receive heavy rain this week
- Will Harish get more majority to KCR in the ensuing elections?
- TPCC Working President confident SB Congress winning in Telangana
- Mother of one of 7 convicts in Rajiv Gandhi assassination case met TN Governor
- Maoist killers identified!
- Telangana Governor follows new way in saving Fuel