Tuticorin sources stated that after Sterlite protest presently the place had returned to 50% normalcy and the traffic was moving freely and shops opened in the first half of the day. Meanwhile the vegetable market also saw buyers wanting to stack up on essentials in this uncertain time, but there is more to the situation than meets the eye. Accordingly CM is making his visit to Tuticorin for just an hour to console family members whose men have died in the protest.
Murugan who runs an auto rickshaw in the city said “The situation is not normal". Moreover he cites examples of the burning of a state transport bus on Friday and hurling of a petrol bomb at Kulathur police station this morning. “You know there are many dead bodies in the hospital,” he added while tension crept into his face.
Earlier on Friday,
after hearing a bunch of petitions filed by activists and advocates, the
Madurai bench of the Madras high court had directed the district administration
to bring Thoothukudi back to normalcy
Karnataka CM Kumaraswamy called for a Revolt against BJP As per report a day after Karnataka Chief Minister HD Kumaraswamy called for a “revolt” against the BJP in Karnataka, BJP MP Sadananda Gowda and a delegation of the party’s leaders met with Governor Vajubhai Vala and submitted a memorandum requesting legal action to be taken against him.
- Balapur Laddu sets a new Record as it fetches Rs.16.6 Lakhs in Auction!
- TN Govt opened bookings for the online sale of imported sand at Thoothukudi port
- PM Narendra Modi catapulted many projects in Odisha & Chhattisgarh
- Is Chandrababu Naidu elder than PM Modi in politics?
- Will Chandrababu Naidu attend Court in Babli Case?
- India moving towards 5G: PM Modi
- "Facebook Dating" made available within social networking company's mobile app
- First Indian state to introduce Smart e-Public Distribution System (e-PDS)
- Pawan Kalyan to have 'Gelupu Rotte' to win upcoming general elections in AP
- Ajay Maken left for treatment abroad for his orthopedic ailment
- Trump participates in UNGA events & bilateral meetings from September 24-27
- Will Madras HC hear petitions challenging land acquisition in Chennai-Salem Project?
- BJP leader gets trolled!
- Kausalya consoles Amrutha Varshini!
- Krishnaswamy turns against Karunas!