Tuticorin sources stated that after Sterlite protest presently the place had returned to 50% normalcy and the traffic was moving freely and shops opened in the first half of the day. Meanwhile the vegetable market also saw buyers wanting to stack up on essentials in this uncertain time, but there is more to the situation than meets the eye. Accordingly CM is making his visit to Tuticorin for just an hour to console family members whose men have died in the protest.
Murugan who runs an auto rickshaw in the city said “The situation is not normal". Moreover he cites examples of the burning of a state transport bus on Friday and hurling of a petrol bomb at Kulathur police station this morning. “You know there are many dead bodies in the hospital,” he added while tension crept into his face.
Earlier on Friday,
after hearing a bunch of petitions filed by activists and advocates, the
Madurai bench of the Madras high court had directed the district administration
to bring Thoothukudi back to normalcy
Why TN CM defended protests against AR Murugadoss's Sarkar? Chennai sources stated that Tamilnadu Chief Minister Edappadi K Palaniswami defended the protests against AR Murugadoss’ Deepawali release Sarkar which was a target of protests by members of the ruling party. Meanwhile the AIADMK had staged protests last week claiming that certain scenes in the movie insulted former Tamilnadu CM J Jayalalitha.
- Owner charged for forcing Indian Woman
- Cyclone Gaja expected to hit coastal Tamilnadu & AP
- Actor Mohan Babu in support of TRS Party
- Green Challenge thrown by Telangana Government
- Wildfire in California killed 23
- New Rule in solving problems faced in NRI Marriages
- Hong Kong-Zhuhai-Macao bridge anticipated to have 5G service
- AP CM Chandrababu Naidu expands his Cabinet with 2 Ministers
- Do you know which is Indias Most CONGESTED PLACE?
- Why Chiranjeevi neither meets Rahul Gandhi nor attends any Congress meetings?
- Minister's controversial talks!
- ADMK member ousted for sexual misconduct!
- RTI reveals truth in Rajiv killers plea!
- Gaja arrives soon, Red Alert!
- Demonetization & GST holds back India's growth: Raghuram Rajan